cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazon Fire Tablet app

We need a amazon Fire tablet app, it shouldn't be hard because it is basically Android.

9 REPLIES 9
Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hey @Anonymous User

There's no plans as of right now for the NOW TV app to be added to the Fire Stick.

I don't think its as simple as adding the app like an android device Smiley Sad

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Despite being a Now TV customer, I think that its extremely short sighted of Now TV/Sky not to have a more broader reach of devices for the Now TV app to be on. 

Considering that Amazon Prime Video amongst others aren't on any Now TV device is stupid in my opnion. Even though Netflix has finally arrived on Now TV devices, this did in no way make me think hmm I could do with getting a Now TV box/stick.

Personally I prefer the interface of Amazon Fire TV over Roku. That being said I have an LG TV which is where I get my Now TV fix, but I recently purchased a Amazon Fire TV stick for travelling, as the device has apps and app functions that Roku and Now TV do not.

So to hear that there are no plans to add Now TV to Amazon devices is very disappointing. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I completely agree👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

couldn't agree more. Having just purchased now tv have now found I can't watch it on my fire HD devices🤒

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Has the possibility that Amazon, purveyor of the rival Amazon Video service, might not want NowTV on their devices (and vice versa) occurred to you?

I use a Roku Stick, because it gives you both.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is very simple, Amazon Fire apps ARE Android apps, they are written in the same programming language and same file format (APK) so therefore it is almost a "cut and paste" job to do. Customers want choices and if a company tries to force limited choice then we have to look somewhere else that doesn't limit us to the choices that we want to make, how is that good for the company and customer? It results in loss of profits to the company and inconvenience to the customer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't believe in this day and age that I cannot get the Nowtv app to work on my Fire HD10. 

Because apps are increasingly throwing out updates every 5 minutes my main tablet quicky loses space, that in turn makes it impossible to download movies, shows etc due to lack of space. Even updating the now TV update is a problem.

I decided to purchase a Fire HD 10 purely for entertainment to watch on the move to free up my every day use tablet. Everything works perfect except Nowtv.

After much thought I have decided not to renew my Nowtv subscription for this reason when it comes up for renewal. Very disappointing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Graham-S  Its a pity you just can't make the now player compatible with kindle fire HD's that would be a start 😉

Geluk
Expert 2

A late comment that may be helpful?

Google for how to sideload Google Play on your Fire Tablet; then you

install NOWTV app, amongst many others 🙂

fire.JPG