cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazon Fire TV

Why is there no support for the Amazon Fire TV?

It is the most popular selling streaming device these days!

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Not with out many months of work to replace Touch controlls with crappy D pad emulation...

Same reason Amazon blocks SkyGo from FireTV No Dpad support and app does not work with game controller...

You would also need HD feeds for 50inch TVs... There are no HD feeds on mobile and it realy low quality on mobile as it is.. Even more work and server updates... Plus the text is way to small for HDTV its to small on tablets...

Screenshot_2015-10-04-00-48-41.png

The same reasons google have enforced rules for Android TV apps... which are also not supported...

Why not port the games console version of the ap then? That is already designed with big screen and d-pad in mind.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Totally agree would be great if was on fire stick/box. Netflix is on these. I think issue is probably more on Sky side than Amazon to be honest.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268  I'm not so sure, Amazon stopped selling Chromecast on its site as it was a competitor to their Fire StickSmiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its not being done as None of the android apps support remote usage and thats Required to release on FireTV...

Kindle devices Allready have apps from SkyUK. its not a Sky issue with releasing app, they have no issue with releasing apps on Amazon devices...

Sky news, Skygo, sky movies are allready on amazon kindle tablets..

They have an issue with having to rebuild all apps to support remotes... This same issue effects Android TV but with the restrictive GUI agreements stopping the re-release currently... 

NowTV remains independant from SkyUK dish, hence the for with AppleTV app and Googlecast support... which are both blocked on SkyUK Zero day TV content agreements with there dish content partners... 

NowTV is just take an extreme long time to do any thing and don't pre announce things untill there 99.999999% sure its ready.. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Time for Amazon Fire devices to have Now TV app!

I understand as it stands Now TV/Sky are pretty much refusing to allow the Now TV app to be on any Amazon Fire device, much like the Prime Video is not on any Now TV devices. 

Yes I know that you can get a Roku stick which will have both Amazon and Now TV on them. But the Amazon interface is vastly different on Roku oposed to a Smart TV never mind Fire TV itself. Also I have found that other apps do not work the same on Roku against Amazon Fire, much like the ITV hub, where if you have a "plus" subscription you can't use that on Roku, but works on Fire TV. 

What Now TV need to do (and Sky) is accept defeat like with Netflix that not every household only has 1 subscription. Whereas I have Now TV, Netflix, Amazon, DisneyLife, WWE Network. The problem I have is when I have to travel for work, I would need to take my Amazon Fire and Roku stick if I wanted to have all my subscriptions with me to watch on the hotel TV. 

As BT has added Amazon onto its Youview box and with Now TV coming, Sky (and Now TV) surely now MUST allow Amazon onto Sky Q and Now TV smart devices as well as allow Now TV onto Amazon Fire TV devices. 

Lets face it, its not like Now TV will lose subscribers. If anything they might gain a few due to their compatible device list being more comprehensive.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help