cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Active Sports pass not recognised in app

Dear community I have an active sky sports pass as evidenced when checking on the website (PC). However the mobile app (including tablet) shows that there is no active sky sports pass. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app has no effect. How do I resolve this as it seems bizarre that the website acknowledges a valid pass but the apps do not.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue here, skysports mobile pass only showing in the nowtv website and not on the app, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User just for clarity, is your pass a mobile pass?

Both. A lot of people have been saying the mobile pass isn't showing or working on the mobile app and there doesn't seem to be a solid fix. Just to be sure, you know that you only get 5 channels on a mobile pass and they don't work on a laptop or tablet?

Out of curiosity - ignoring the app for a moment, can you go to your mobile web browser, log into your now TV account, click on the little man icon top right, click on vouchers and passes, scroll down to mobile sports pass and click on the little arrow underneath. In that section do you see your mobile pass, the next date of payment or a box saying a pass is waiting for activation?

Alternatively what happens if you use your mobile web browser and go to the following link while logged in, scroll down to the 'watch live' premier League box and click to play the stream? Does it force open the app?

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/watch/home

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Saint1976 ,

Yes i am aware that this pass is only for use on mobile devices, the pass also does show the next payment date and when i try to open the live premier league game on skysports using that link, it does not force open the nowtv player, it asks me to buy a daily, weekly, or monthly skysports pass

Thanks

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User close the app completely. On your PC or mobile web browser, log into your account, go to devices, delete your mobile phone from the list.

Now open the app on your mobile and click the premier League channel. Does it start playing?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976 

There are no devices within My Devices to delete, the app says a device will be registered once i stream a channel for the first time but i cannot do this as i only have a mobile pass and as you are aware it aint working on my phone

Thanks

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User on your web browser, the internet - not the app, you definitely have no devices showing? Nothing like this?

Screenshot_20200621-151856.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Saint1976 

No, there are the missing spaces where your devices are but nothing on mine. I have spoken to NowTV live chat who have escalated the matter to the concern team after some troubleshooting with them to no avail

Thanks