cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

8 months Mobile Month Membership

Hi, I bought a £9.98 day pass last Sunday and it included an 8 months Mobile Month
Membership.  I’ve been trying since 5pm to watch a PL game to no avail 😞.   I don’t understand it ?? I even took a screen shot just to be sure I’d read it right.  

Anyway I log into my account and click on the game and it takes to the membership to get me to buy a membership ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With the Mobile Sports Membership you can't watch Main Event with it on your smartphone screen and are only entitled to watch five Sky Sports channels which is Premier League, NFL / Action, Arena, Racing (Horses) or News.

What NOW have done with this freebie Mobile Sports Membership is to automatically cancel this Mobile Sports Membership on your behalf (under normal circumstances with most NOW Monthly TV Memberships the customer needs to cancel to stop it auto renewing.

You should be fine to watch up until July 2022 and don't need to do anything your end for cancelling the Mobile Sports Membership pass if it says cancelled and watch up to July 2022 on your online NOW account.

Does the other five Sky Sports Channels that i have listed above play fine on your smartphone without a pop up asking you to purchase a Sports Membership ?

With regards to Man Utd are you talking about Mens Football, because this weekend it's The World Cup International Qualifiers and there is no mens premiership football this weekend.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have a read of this linked thread.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Mobile-Pass-not-showing/m-p/568260#M4680 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Schapps, I appreciate your time and reply.  I’ve gone into my account and it shows cancelled until July 2022 ?? Is that so you get the 8mths and it doesn’t renew and cost you ?   I never cancelled it ? 

Also I still get the pop-ups trying to get me to sign up to a membership when I click on for eg main event ? I thought it was all free on mobile ? I’m hoping to catch the Man Utd game at 3pm today 😬

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With the Mobile Sports Membership you can't watch Main Event with it on your smartphone screen and are only entitled to watch five Sky Sports channels which is Premier League, NFL / Action, Arena, Racing (Horses) or News.

What NOW have done with this freebie Mobile Sports Membership is to automatically cancel this Mobile Sports Membership on your behalf (under normal circumstances with most NOW Monthly TV Memberships the customer needs to cancel to stop it auto renewing.

You should be fine to watch up until July 2022 and don't need to do anything your end for cancelling the Mobile Sports Membership pass if it says cancelled and watch up to July 2022 on your online NOW account.

Does the other five Sky Sports Channels that i have listed above play fine on your smartphone without a pop up asking you to purchase a Sports Membership ?

With regards to Man Utd are you talking about Mens Football, because this weekend it's The World Cup International Qualifiers and there is no mens premiership football this weekend.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks again Scnapps.  Yeah totally forgot about the internationals !  Even though I watched Eng last night 🤣🤣🤣

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fingers crossed I’ll be able to watch Chelsea v Man Utd.  

Any reason why I might not be able to ? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you gone into your online NOW account under My Membership to see if the Mobile Sports Membership is active ?

It should say something like watch up until July 2022 next to the Mobile Membership if it was the 8 month freebie that came with the 1 Day Sports Pass purchase.

i am also assuming you have already used the 1 Day Sports Pass already ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, yeah. It’s exactly as you’ve said with the July end date.   

Just seems to be no indication of being able to watch the todays game 😢

kind regards 

Al 😁

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I click on todays game for example it comes up with: 

SPORTS DAY
sky sports

24h access to all Sky Sports channels
£9.99
Midday
Livingston v Rangers
2:30pm
Brentford v Everton
4:30pm
Chelsea v Man Utd
Buy Day Membership 

Almost expecting me to purchase something ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi i cannot play any of the 5 channels mentioned on my smartphone even though it says i can until July 2022