cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

6 Month Sports Mobile membership not working

I received an email saying that I got 6mths of free sky sports on my mobile app, however when I go to watch something on the mobile app it does not work - it either says I have to buy a pass, or I'm streaming on a different device (which I am not)

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try logging out of the app and back in?

What chanel are you trying to watch? As there is only a select number of channels you get with the mobile membership. 

Premier League, Action, Arena, Racing & News

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sports-membership

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is the six months Mobile Membership showing on your online NOW account under My Membership ?

Where it can take up to 10 days to be automatically added on your account from date of purchase of the Day Sports Pass.

Should the Mobile Membership be showing and you have logged into the NOW App on your smartphone.

Then out of the eleven Sky Sports channels, you can only watch Premier League, Action, Arena, Racing (Horses) & News.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the Mobile Membership is showing active on your online NOW account and you have logged into the NOW App from your phone Apps Store with the correct sign in details and none of the five Sky Sports channels mentioned in this thread doesn't play.

And after trying a fresh App download from your phone Apps Store and powering off the phone for a minute or so before restarting the phone and signing into the App.

Where you can only watch the five permitted Sky Sports channels on the phone screen itself (casting to a television or using a tablet is not allowed and doesn't work and will ask you to purchase a full blown Sports Membership).

Then get in touch with NOW live chat like this forum member did on this linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/Sports-8-month-pass-not-showing-after-10-working-days/m-p/572648#M9522 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I too had this email offering 6 months free access to Sky Sports. Whilst I can access it OK on my mobile phone, when i try on my iPad its says I need to sign up for a membership ?? Is not an iPad mobile ?

Regards,

Bilko

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With a NOW Mobile Sports Membership you can only watch directly on a smartphone screen, has you found out tablets are not permitted.

Maybe NOW should rename this Membership to something like "Mobile Phone Sports Membership" .

redchiz1
Champion 2

To be fair, you could also argue that laptops are "mobile." As in fact are these babies if you stump up an extra £400 for optional wheels.  😉

MacProWheels20193dsmodel000.jpg951ED667-2476-4EF9-B23B-2E4469595D6BLarge.jpg