cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

5 Month sport pass not working on iPhone mobile app

I had an email a few days ago to say my 5 month free sport pass for the mobile app is now active. When I use the mobile app i get told I need a sport pass.

I go back into the browser site and I have the sport pass activated.

Have re-installed the app. No change.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you trying to watch one of the five Sky Sports channels with the Mobile Membership ?

The five channels only permitted are, Premier League, Action, Arena, Racing (Horses) and News.

If this is the case, maybe try signing out of the NOW App on your phone and sign back in using the account details that shows your Mobile Membership online.

Should that not work, maybe try a fresh download of the NOW App from your phone Apps Store and temporary power down the phone before signing in on the App.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you trying to watch one of the five Sky Sports channels with the Mobile Membership ?

The five channels only permitted are, Premier League, Action, Arena, Racing (Horses) and News.

If this is the case, maybe try signing out of the NOW App on your phone and sign back in using the account details that shows your Mobile Membership online.

Should that not work, maybe try a fresh download of the NOW App from your phone Apps Store and temporary power down the phone before signing in on the App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you.

I did not realise that I could not watch any of the main sports channels.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you want to watch Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Football, Sky Sports Cricket, Sky Sports Golf, Sky Sports F1 or Sky Sports Mix, then unfortunately you need a full blown NOW Sports Membership.

The Mobile Sports Membership going forward is just a freebie that comes with a Day Sports Membership purchase (when the deal offer is given from time to time by NOW).

More information in this NOW article linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sports-membership 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

FFS they might as well give a free pass to radio 5 live. What a waste of my time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this happening too. My account online shows the 5 month mobile membership but the app does not register this.

I have tried re-installing the app and rebooting the mobile with no success. I spent some time on the 'chat' help on the webpage but this did not lead to any progress.

Any further tips?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When did you get the mobile membership?

From the offers section of the site it indicates that it takes up to 10 days to activate 

https://www.nowtv.com/offers

• You'll receive your Mobile Month Membership within 10 working days
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks - I've just had a 'help' chat again and the channels on the membership are working. It just says that I don't have a membership on the app. 

A good result- thanks for your help.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Ah excellent glad to hear it’s been resolved. 

Something to bare in mind with the mobile membership is that you won’t get all the channels.

These are the channels you’ll get: Premier League, Action, Arena, Racing & News

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help