cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Your device activity limit has been reached, you cannot add another device"

Hello.

Wondering if someone can help me? im getting quite agitated over not being able to use my NowTv on my mac for the last two months it keeps displaying that message everytime i go to play something. 

All four of my slots are taken up - i have my sister using it on her xbox, i have my other sister using it on her phone, i have it on my Ipad which i use occasionally and then the fourth spot taken by my Macbook. However despite paying for it i have not been able to use it and i cant for the life of me figure out why - i dont want to add a new device my macbook has always been. I havent deleted any slots  the only thing i have done is added my sisters iphone a few weeks ago thats all.

any ideas?

37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Back in December I signed up to Now tv With a sports pass, I added four devices right away, and since then wanted to add my macbook so deleted another device, and tried to add the mac. A message saying that I cannot add another device until the 1st of the next month so I have since tried each month to no avail!!

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  I would pop on to chat if I were you . They can free up a slot for you .  I would get chat to wait on line whilst you check you can connect to the device.  To reach chat click the red contact link in my signature and then select chat.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi, whilst trying to get silverlight to work on my mac i deleted 3 devices from my account but i cannot add any until the beginning of next month, is there a way for this to be changed quicker?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Speak to live chat and explain to them what happened, they should be able to help you out.

Link below to live chat.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I used my MacBook yesterday to watch cricket and Formuka 1. Today when I try to use it I get the message that I've reached my device limit.  The Mac device shown on the lists has a 'last used date' in March. I had a similar problem yesterday (but didn't realise it at the time) with my iPhone, and as I then added it I can't work around the fault by adding the MacBook.

Is this a common problem?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Speak to live chat, they should be able to help you out.

Click on link below to contact them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks - live chat sorted it out for me.

Thanks particularly for the link as I was going around in loops trying to find it!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yes, the Mac App is counted as a separate device to watching via the Safari browser using Silverlight (the same is true for Windows app and Windows browsers). However, Silverlight support is being phased out and Safari will direct you to use the Mac App from now on, so you can remove your Mac browser from your device list by going to My Account > Manage Devices

https://account.nowtv.com/device-management

and then when you next watch something on the Mac App it will be added in its place, so you won't lose any of your four slots. 

If you still get the device limit reached message after you've deleted the Mac from your device list, then pop onto live chat and explain what's happened, they should be able to sort it for you. You'll find the button for live chat on this page

PS the Mac App actually shows up in your device list as a PC, but there's nothing to worry about - you can rename it if you wish. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the explanation. Interesting that software rather than hardware is counted as a device. 

Nick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I've just downloaded the new Now TV player on my MacBook Pro and it plays the sounds, but the picture is blank. Any ideas? 

Best wishes

Jamei