cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Your device activity limit has been reached, you cannot add another device"

Hello.

Wondering if someone can help me? im getting quite agitated over not being able to use my NowTv on my mac for the last two months it keeps displaying that message everytime i go to play something. 

All four of my slots are taken up - i have my sister using it on her xbox, i have my other sister using it on her phone, i have it on my Ipad which i use occasionally and then the fourth spot taken by my Macbook. However despite paying for it i have not been able to use it and i cant for the life of me figure out why - i dont want to add a new device my macbook has always been. I havent deleted any slots  the only thing i have done is added my sisters iphone a few weeks ago thats all.

any ideas?

37 REPLIES 37
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you need your device count resetting, I recommend that you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility and very politely explain your situation, as they are under no obligation to do what you require!

The easiest way of accessing 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers and good luck...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

not sure why they have no obligation to fix their faults, but thank you very much for your help. as someone who knows about websites they could make these things much easier to find if they wanted to. the guy who was on chat was very nice and really helpful, and i was nice too because i dont like to make the employees who are underpaid have to put up with more than they already do 🙂

thanks again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just downloaded the Now TV player for Mac but the picture quality is terrible as reported widely on the forum.

I tried to watch in my browser using an old version of firefox which people on the forum say still works but now tv message pops up saying device activity limit is reached.

How do I speak to Now TV to resolve in the next hour ?

I am going to miss the first Lions match. I have paid 34 pounds and cant watch the game ! Very unhappy !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just downloaded the Now TV player for Mac but the picture quality is terrible.

I tried to watch in my browser using an old version of firefox which people on the forum say still works but says device activity limit is reached.

How do I speak to Now TV to resolve in the next hour ?

I am going to miss the first Lions match. I have paid 34 pounds and cant watch the game ! Very unhappy !

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User there isn't​ a phone number. You will need chat.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Installed silverlight and restarted computer. Now TV player now works. Not sure what did it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was trying to watch the England cricket game but everytime I go to click watch channel, a message pops up saying that there are too many devices on my account?

Can someone please help?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you have reached your maximum four device limit and have made one device change allowed this month (under My Account > Manage Devices).

Then your only option to watch the cricket on your Mac would be to contact live chat and explain what's happening, where they might allow you a further device swap this month by freeing up one of your nominated devices.

Here's the link to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices