cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

problem with microsoft silverlight

I have downloaded and installed microsoft silver light many many times, followed help instruction uninstalled it and still when i try to play west wing box set episodes and error message/dialogue box comes up saying i have to update/install microsoft silver light. I cant play the episodes. Infuriateing as i am paying a monthly pass for the service.

38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I also have the same problem, and spent hours fidddling around to try and sort it out and had a couple of online chats to try and fix it.  Basically I was finally told by a technical advisor that it was a problem with silverlight and that apple and silverlight were currently working to try and fix it.  Silverlight is microsoft so maybe they like to have fun causing problems for mac users.  I did try and get a TV box in compensation but was unable to get that however they guy was good enough to offer me a month of free movies, which you can access via your TV.  Maybe worth you asking for that if you're interested.  I hope this gets sorted soon too as I love the now TV programmes but dont want to watch it on a mini ipad!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Euan,

Thanks for getting in touch, I have sent you an email with steps to fix your problem. Please check your Inbox/Junk folder for my email.

Kind Regards,

Richard

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am on Mac OS X 10.10.5 and have been using Safari (9.0.3) fine untill this week. Now it does not work with Microsoft Silverlight despite updating Silverlight as requested, it keeps coming up with same message to install the latst version which I HAVE DONE.

Restarted the computer and Safrari to no use.

Same with all my other mac devises. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

having identical issue - worst part is cant foind a way to speak to NowTV.  Think im going to just cancel the service

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this problem too. For over a week now. I especially like the part where the NOW TV staff post the help instructions for Windows PCs. Laughable. And i'm not installing Firefox when Safari used to work just fine, and should continue to do so If the 'Technical People' can be bothered to fix it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry for the frustrating experience.

I'm forwarding this onto our tech boffins. Someone will get back to you by email when we have further news. 

We obvioulsy won't force you to download Firefox but it may be a suitable work around for you until we can get this issue looked into further.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does this not constitute a device change? Of which I have 0 remaining. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Using a different browser shouldn't affect your device slots but I'll add some device changes for you just in case.

Hope that helps and sorry again for the problems.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, seeems to be working fine using Firefox as a temporary measure. Plese keep us informed as to when Safari will be working again!