cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

problem with microsoft silverlight

I have downloaded and installed microsoft silver light many many times, followed help instruction uninstalled it and still when i try to play west wing box set episodes and error message/dialogue box comes up saying i have to update/install microsoft silver light. I cant play the episodes. Infuriateing as i am paying a monthly pass for the service.

38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why did you send a link to Windows PC instructions. Ridiculous.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems to be working in Firefox. Safari not a chance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now fine for me in FF and Safari on my Mac

So they must have changed something on the server end, just tried 5 mins ago for the Burnley game

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Happy to hear you're able to watch content on Firefox.

We've had some customers report that Safari is working now. Could you try it again and give us a detailed description of the error if it is doesn't work.

Thanks,

Rob 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for re-posting, other customers have said they have been able to get back to viewing. Can you try for us and let us know if you still have any issues.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no luck.  Can get it working in Firefox but Safari still gives me the same error....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All well and good using firfox but I find it so slow to load and sometimes it just freezes.... hurry up and resolve the bug NowTV before we cancel our subcription....dont own a tv so MAC is the only device avalible!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you're still having issues. We are looking into why this issue is occurring. Please leave this with us and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. As mentioned customers have been able to get viewing by switching to Firefox, we an appreciate this isn't ideal

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello Ranj, unfortunately it didn't run on my Firefox and the technical advisor couldn't work out why. So I'm left waiting for the silver light issue to be fixed.
Kind regards, Jo
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry for the issues you have encountered with Silverlight on your Mac. 

When trying on Firefox, can you please open Silverlight and then the playback tab, can you please ensure the second box is unticked.

Once you have done this press ok. Please head to the Firefox Menu, which is in the top right hand corner and has 3 horizontal bars. 

Can you then click on Add-ons and then you should see Plug-ins, you need locate Silverlight and set this to Always Activate. 

If you need any help with this please get back in touch.

Thanks,

Karl

NOW TV Team