cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

problem with microsoft silverlight

I have downloaded and installed microsoft silver light many many times, followed help instruction uninstalled it and still when i try to play west wing box set episodes and error message/dialogue box comes up saying i have to update/install microsoft silver light. I cant play the episodes. Infuriateing as i am paying a monthly pass for the service.

38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another user getiing the same issue.  I'm just not getting this, look at how many people are experiencing this issue and the help desk is rubbish.  Surely it should be sorted by now!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, we're very sorry for the issues you're faced with trying to view on your Mac. Can you try the steps from @Karl-F which have worked for @Anonymous User

If these do not work then please re-post and we can look into this further.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Brilliant, that worked. Thank you Karl
Anonymous User
Not applicable

im not computer savvy and dont want to load fire fox;please can you guys sort out the silverlight issue before i have to cancel my NOW subscription and switch to netflix.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Downloading firefox is quite simple, all you have to do is download it from www.firefox.com then follow the clear and simple instructions and it's installed!

If you really don't want to do this I can only advice you the issue is being looked at and we're working on getting it fixed ASAP but as it's a technical issue I can't provide a definitive ETA.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have downloaded microsoft silverlight and restarted  many many times. I have cleared the browser history and tested silverlight under applications. Yet still I get the warning message that I need to install silverlight. 

I have spent £6.99 to watch a football match and I cannot access your service. I will be applying for a refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

contacted support and a a known issue no ETA

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still broken.

Id like to try it in Firefox but I have reached my device change so need to get this lifted please now tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bought a day sports pass to watch the Arsenal v Chelsea game yesterday. when i tried to activate the pass on my imac was told i needed a new version of Silverlight. When this was installed it still didn't recognise it in safari after two attempts to install and then re-install. The new version of the plug in was clearly installed on the mac and safari and the mac were both rebooted without success. Eventually had to download Firefox as a workaround. It worked using this although the picture quality was poor. As a result I missed the first 42 minutes of the game. This mac is only 6 months old and it's not a "rosetta Stone" issue which only applies to older Macs. And btw anyone know how to apply for a refund since none of the "contact us" links seem to work? Just getting a message "this page no longer exists". It's clear that the latest version of this plug in IS NOT WORKING in safari, this is a software issue and NOWTV need to sort this.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

This should now be resolved - however I'll send you an email once I've taken a look at your viewing history.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team