cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: problem with microsoft silverlight using Apple iMac

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to see this problem is still ongoing.

Thanks for providing us with the details on @Anonymous User requested.

I'm passing this along so we can try to recreate the problem. I'll get back to you here or via email once I get more information.

Thanks for your patience,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem with Silverlight in both Safari and Firefox and as with others I have tried evertyhing you have suggetsed and more but no joy.

Any additional help would possibly stop me cancelling my subscription.

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User do you use Avast anti virus?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why are you advertising that we can watch on any device when actually we can't.  I am also unable to watch on my Mac using Safari.  Please help.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User there are tons of people watching NOW TV on a Mac which is why they advertise that it's available. At the moment there are two possible issues for your problem.

The first is the latest version of Safari has started blocking Silverlight by default, you'll need to ensure that NOW TV is allowed to run it. Check your Safari Plug ins and take a look at:

(Open Safari) Preferences> Security> Plugin Settings> Enable Silverlight. 

Also make sure that www.nowtv.com is on the list of allowed websites. After that select Done and restart Safari. 

The second issue is that Avast antivirus falsing flagging a file used alongside Silverlight.
I'd suggest whitelisting NOW TV

1. Open the Avast user interface and go to Settings » General
  2. Find the tab EXCLUSIONS and add *.nowtv.com/* in the Urls tab

owenstoodstill
Advocate

We were also having this exact problem which started a couple of days ago. Uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight which worked the first time but had the same issue again tonight. Pleased to say that after changing the settings in Avast as detailed above *touch wood* NowTV seems to be working again in both Safari and Firefox.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just to rule it out....

Are you by chance using Avast anti-virus software for your Mac?

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rich,

I am currently using Avast, but the prolem started before I installed it. I've only been running it for about a week

Cheers

Nigel

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User there are two issues with Macs, the first is that you need to ensure that Silverlight can run within Safari as the most recent version now blocks be default. The second is Avast is then breaking NOW TV, I'd suggest whitelisting NOW TV. See my handy guide here.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User I have Safari set to allow Silverlight to always allow. Also, from Avast, I don't get a virus pop-up when tring to play NowTV. 

I did set NowTV in Avast, just in case.

0 Thanks