cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

problem with microsoft silverlight using Apple iMac

Hello to all at NOW TV, Please can you help? Everthing was working fine until last night. And then for some strange reason I can't access and watch any movies and/or programmes due to problems with microsoft silverlight. I've tried every solution in the help section and on the forum to no avail. I'm prompted with this message as shown below: 

Sorry, you’re not quite ready yet...
You need to install or update Microsoft® Silverlight™ to watch NOW TV.

After installation, refresh this page or restart your web browser.

INSTALL / UPDATE SILVERLIGHT™

87 REPLIES 87
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User there are two issues with Macs, the first is that you need to ensure that Silverlight can run within Safari as the most recent version now blocks be default. The second is Avast is then breaking NOW TV, I'd suggest whitelisting NOW TV. See my handy guide here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User I have Safari set to allow Silverlight to always allow. Also, from Avast, I don't get a virus pop-up when tring to play NowTV. 

I did set NowTV in Avast, just in case.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to see this problem is still ongoing.

Thanks for providing us with the details on @Anonymous User requested.

I'm passing this along so we can try to recreate the problem. I'll get back to you here or via email once I get more information.

Thanks for your patience,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still get this error - Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 09.02.46.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This worked!!

Safari, Preferences, Security, Plugin Settings, Tick Silverlight box on left side.

Wow this shouldn't be this hard but hey it works now!

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Can you check your Safari Plug ins? Take a look at:

(Open Safari) Preferences> Security> Plugin Settings> Enable Silverlight. 

Also make sure that www.nowtv.com is on the list of allowed websites. After that select Done and restart Safari. 

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks that fixed it for me

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As of 21st Feb I too am having the same Silverlight issue. Unistalled & re-insalled and using ost up to date version from website.

Using both Safari & Firefox, no luck.

Any news on this issue?

Nigel

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi nowtv, 

I have had this problem for weeks now and have tried everything suggested - like others have said, what is the point in me paying for this service if i cannot use it. i have tried to find direct contact details to customer services on the website but have found none.

Please resolve this issue!

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

As you'vbe mentioned you've tried everything suggested but not gone into specifics I do need to ask some questions and make some suggestions, so apologies if you've tried these.

If you're having the issues in Safari, try giving Firefox a go if you havn't already. 

You may also want to try the steps @Anonymous User has put together if you're using Avast on your mac, in the post just above.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a resolution to this problem in the near future? I used to watch on my iMac without any issues but this has been going on for weeks now....

I know that there's been a suggestion of using firefox but I only use Safari and don't wish to use a different browser, as Safari is the standard browser for mac's it should (and did) work fine.