cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

problem with microsoft silverlight using Apple iMac

Hello to all at NOW TV, Please can you help? Everthing was working fine until last night. And then for some strange reason I can't access and watch any movies and/or programmes due to problems with microsoft silverlight. I've tried every solution in the help section and on the forum to no avail. I'm prompted with this message as shown below: 

Sorry, you’re not quite ready yet...
You need to install or update Microsoft® Silverlight™ to watch NOW TV.

After installation, refresh this page or restart your web browser.

INSTALL / UPDATE SILVERLIGHT™

87 REPLIES 87
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you confirm that you have tried the steps that @Anonymous User has tried above ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same problem. I keep getting the message that I need to install/update silverlight in order to watch nowtv on my mac. I've followed the instructions and reinstalled countless times but get the same message. Please help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem with Silverlight in both Safari and Firefox and as with others I have tried evertyhing you have suggetsed and more but no joy.

Any additional help would possibly stop me cancelling my subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User do you use Avast anti virus?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I do, is that a problem?

Many thanks

Keith Woolf

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Avast is falsing flagging a file used alongside Silverlight.
I'd suggest whitelisting NOW TV. See my handy guide here (it's for Windows, but I believe it's very similar on a Mac).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why are you advertising that we can watch on any device when actually we can't.  I am also unable to watch on my Mac using Safari.  Please help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User there are tons of people watching NOW TV on a Mac which is why they advertise that it's available. At the moment there are two possible issues for your problem.

The first is the latest version of Safari has started blocking Silverlight by default, you'll need to ensure that NOW TV is allowed to run it. Check your Safari Plug ins and take a look at:

(Open Safari) Preferences> Security> Plugin Settings> Enable Silverlight. 

Also make sure that www.nowtv.com is on the list of allowed websites. After that select Done and restart Safari. 

The second issue is that Avast antivirus falsing flagging a file used alongside Silverlight.
I'd suggest whitelisting NOW TV

1. Open the Avast user interface and go to Settings » General
  2. Find the tab EXCLUSIONS and add *.nowtv.com/* in the Urls tab
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We were also having this exact problem which started a couple of days ago. Uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight which worked the first time but had the same issue again tonight. Pleased to say that after changing the settings in Avast as detailed above *touch wood* NowTV seems to be working again in both Safari and Firefox.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I AM NOT HAPPY WHATS SO EVER.

FIRST I BUY A PASS, AND THEN SILVERLIGHT IS AN ISSUE. 

I DO EVERYTHING, UNINSTALL, REINSTALL, RESTART MY LAPTOP, EVERYTHING. 

I END UP MISSING 3/4 OF THE MATCH I WANTED TO WATCH ON THE SKY SPORTS PASS. 

I THEN TRY AND CONTACT YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE, ON ALL ARTICLES, IT SAYS THERES AN ERROR.

I TRY TO FIND AN EMAIL, BUT NONE AVAILABLE. RIDICULOUS.

PLEASE EMAIL ME ASAP.

[email removed]