cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

problem with microsoft silverlight using Apple iMac

Hello to all at NOW TV, Please can you help? Everthing was working fine until last night. And then for some strange reason I can't access and watch any movies and/or programmes due to problems with microsoft silverlight. I've tried every solution in the help section and on the forum to no avail. I'm prompted with this message as shown below: 

Sorry, you’re not quite ready yet...
You need to install or update Microsoft® Silverlight™ to watch NOW TV.

After installation, refresh this page or restart your web browser.

INSTALL / UPDATE SILVERLIGHT™

87 REPLIES 87
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yes, they are both set to "Always Allow". Still not able to watch on Safari or Firefox.

@Anonymous User both are the wrong URL, you need "www.nowtv.com"

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wasn't on www.nowtv.com when I did that screen grab. Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 11.57.39.png

Also doesn't explain Firefox.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you try going into Safari Properties>  In the "Advanced" section there is an option labeled "Stop plug-ins to save power" (or something similar)> Uncheck that box and restart Safari. 

Can you also tell us your iOS and Silverlight versions?

Birgit

NOW TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't watch a film on firefox or safari. What's going on please? I have done the 'always allow' and installed the new sliverlight plug-in.

I'm also getting a message saying 'infection blocked' from my anti virus as it things there's a suspicious .dll file trying to run, will we get a discount on our direct debit please as I can't use the service.

This is the error:

http://watch.nowtv.com/xap/2.1.5792.27600/player.xap

File: Overmirth.LiveTv.dll

What is this that is trying to run? Silverlight?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User what antivirus do you have? The overmirth.livetv.dll is used with Silverlight to play the video and has always been there and is also used with Sky Go. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I use avast....it's not been a problem for the past 3-4 months though...I'm confused as to why now?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Avast is falsing flagging a file used alongside Silverlight.

I'd suggest whitelisting NOW TV

1. Open the Avast user interface and go to ‘Settings‘ » ‘General
  2. Find the tab ‘EXCLUSIONS‘ and add specific websites or URLs in the ‘Urls‘ tab and enter *.nowtv.com/*
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, nope that never worked. And as said before, Now TV is not working on Firefox either!!

OS 10.11.3

Silverlight Version 5.1 (5.1.41212.0)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just to rule it out....

Are you by chance using Avast anti-virus software for your Mac?

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rich,

I am currently using Avast, but the prolem started before I installed it. I've only been running it for about a week

Cheers

Nigel