cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

problem with microsoft silverlight using Apple iMac

Hello to all at NOW TV, Please can you help? Everthing was working fine until last night. And then for some strange reason I can't access and watch any movies and/or programmes due to problems with microsoft silverlight. I've tried every solution in the help section and on the forum to no avail. I'm prompted with this message as shown below: 

Sorry, you’re not quite ready yet...
You need to install or update Microsoft® Silverlight™ to watch NOW TV.

After installation, refresh this page or restart your web browser.

INSTALL / UPDATE SILVERLIGHT™

87 REPLIES 87
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, can you have a look at these steps here from one of our other users which have worked for some customers already. 

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same problem and its been going on for weeks if not months. Can't watch on Chrome, can't watch on Safari, might be able to on Firefox if you are lucky..............

How long does it take to fix an issue once you know about it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have now tried with Firefox to find that whilst it works, it completely overheats my macbook pro drains the battery in minutes and the video judders. So basically there is no browser available to support watching Now Tv if you are on a Mac.

Is this correct?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wow you've got further than me! Firefox wont play any NowTV content for me in the Entertainment section, or any section.

I can use Firefox/Silverlight to watch Amazon Video just fine.....but NowTV....nope.

Did you do anything in particular to get it to work (albeit badly!) or just download Firefox and hit play?!

Any onfo would be great.....considering the NowTV forum guys, although trying to be helpful, are not exactly treating thi s as urgent.....I get a reply about a day later on average......

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

To be honest I didn't do a lot other than upgrade to the latest version.
Try that and clearing your cache and see if that works. The fan noise is
pretty loud and it drains the battery like hell so you have to be plugged
in to watch anything.

Good luck
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

I just wanted to say that I have been experiencing the same problem for a couple of months on my 11 inch MacBook Air (These are the specs:https://support.apple.com/kb/SP699?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US)

I have read most of this help forum, and it has helped - I downloaded Firefox and it seems to be working fine on that. 

However, I would like to get back to the stage where I can use Safari to watch NowTV as its my default web browser.

Not adding any pressure, I'm perfectly fine watching NowTV on Firefox for now, just wanted to know if and when the problem could be resolved.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Can you check your Safari Plug ins? Take a look at:

(Open Safari) Preferences> Security> Plugin Settings> Enable Silverlight. 

Also make sure that www.nowtv.com is on the list of allowed websites. After that select Done and restart Safari. 

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yup, done all of that. NowTV alllowed always. (see attached)Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 23.31.03.png Still nothing. Not on Safari, not on Firefox.

It seems there is a larger problem with Mac that NowTV are not getting around to fixing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the advice is to always allow www.nowtv.com you've got watch and community listed in your screenshot.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, they are both set to "Always Allow". Still not able to watch on Safari or Firefox.