cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

problem with microsoft silverlight using Apple iMac

Hello to all at NOW TV, Please can you help? Everthing was working fine until last night. And then for some strange reason I can't access and watch any movies and/or programmes due to problems with microsoft silverlight. I've tried every solution in the help section and on the forum to no avail. I'm prompted with this message as shown below: 

Sorry, you’re not quite ready yet...
You need to install or update Microsoft® Silverlight™ to watch NOW TV.

After installation, refresh this page or restart your web browser.

INSTALL / UPDATE SILVERLIGHT™

87 REPLIES 87
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having exactly the same issue as everyone else have installed & uninstalled then re installed and made sure the second box is unticked on playback. Then downloaded firefox and I get a little bit further in that it says loading and the circle spins and spins and spins and spins.. and spins a bit more.. and then a little bit more.. and then doesnt give me the option to stop it spinning or to sign out or anything else. So I updated my mac aswell and re checked all the silverlight bits box still unchecked and it still doesnt like it.. frustrating doesnt even start to cover it!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This seems to be an issue that only surfaced in 2016. I never used to have this issue ever. I can't even watch NOW TV on any mac because of this. I understand that you need DRM but honestly there are better options out there.

I have literally tried everything and dug deep into the /Library to clean any trace of the old install. However, no matter what I do NowTv keeps telling me to install Silverlight! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Thanks for the information, sorry to hear nothing has helped. Out of interest have you tried to play out by downloading Firefox? 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Ranj,

Thanks for reply.

I haven’t tried Firefox and am unsure whether this can be run on a mac.

But really I shouldn’t have to because when I originally started to use NowTV there was no problem. I had downloaded Silverlight and it worked fine through Safari. Then last week, it stopped working and there was an error message that said I needed to update/install the software again. But when I did (several times), it just produced the same error message again. Clearly there is a bug, and this seems to be affecting a lot of users.

I hope this can be resolved because I had enjoyed the service that NowTV had provided.

Looking forward to hearing from you further on this.

Regards

Peter Bambury
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I would just like to let you know that I have sent you an email in regards to your query. 

Are you also able to provide us with the following information: 

The operating system you are running on your Mac

The Silverlight version you have installed

Can you please also take a screenshot of the error message that you receive when you try to play NOW TV and once the latest version of Silverlight has been installed? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am having the same issues with Silverlight and Safari. Firefox sometimes doesn't work properly on my laptop, which is why I use Safari. I have tried everything to resolve the issue but nothing seems to be working.

I have had this issue since December and the fact that no resolution has been found for a problem that several people are having, is frustrating. Will this ever be fixed? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with Silverlight on Safari.

Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Silverlight?

Are you able to try the following on Firefox:

1. Open The  Firefox browser
  2. Select the icon in the top right with the 3 horizontal lines (Menu)
  3. Select Add ons, Plugins
  4. Find the Silverlight Plug in
  5. Select 'Always activate' from the drop down

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello I am on a MacBook Pro, 2 years old, I have downloaded Firefox, selected "always activate" for Silver light and STILL not working!

I am one of a growing number of people very frustrated by this.

Your answer for everyone seems to be "download firefox" - but that doesnt work me, and others i've seen on here, can you please suggest a next step....if there is one??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting back to us, very sorry for the trouble. I can assure you that we're looking into this with the team and I will pass on your details and you will be contacted via e-mail when we have a resolution/update.

Apologies once again for the inconvenience caused, we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried everything & nothing seems to work. 

I mentioned previously that Firefox doesn't always work on my computer, which brings me back to square one. 

It is frustrating that I have not been able to use my NowTv account since November and we are now heading into March.