cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

problem with microsoft silverlight using Apple iMac

Hello to all at NOW TV, Please can you help? Everthing was working fine until last night. And then for some strange reason I can't access and watch any movies and/or programmes due to problems with microsoft silverlight. I've tried every solution in the help section and on the forum to no avail. I'm prompted with this message as shown below: 

Sorry, you’re not quite ready yet...
You need to install or update Microsoft® Silverlight™ to watch NOW TV.

After installation, refresh this page or restart your web browser.

INSTALL / UPDATE SILVERLIGHT™

87 REPLIES 87
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mee too same issue, very annoying!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Thank you for both posting, sorry to hear you're both having issues with this. Can you if you haven't already try the steps in this help article.

Can you try and download Firefox and see if it works with that browser for me.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good evening Ranj, 

Thank's in getting back to me. Yeah, I've tried your suggested steps in the help article several times. But unfortunately it didn't work. However, using the Firefox browser I was able to access and view NOW TV which is great news. Also, I've just tried to use the Safari browser and the same problem occurs!!! 

Cheers suzybabe

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, glad to hear you were able to watch via Firefox. In regards to the Safari issue. We will get the team to look into this and they'll be in touch as soon as they can. Thank you for your co-operation.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have had this problem for a couple of days, I've spent all afternoon trying to resolve the issue on my Mac, even downloading Firefox.

If I can't use now tv on my mac, there is no point in me having now tv and I will cancel my subscription.

Please resolve the issue asap.

Michelle22222.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Can you tell us what happens when you try to watch on Firefox?

There is currently an issue while trying to watch in Safari which we are looking into. I've added your details to this investigation and we'll provide an update via email once this is resolved. 

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

I am also having problems watching. It allows me to get to the play button then simly sits on the load screen with the rotating circle. Im using a mac book air.

Paul

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered when trying to play NOW TV on your safari browser. 

Can you please let us know if you are able to play out NOW TV on Firefox? 

Please also open Silverlight, click on the Playback tab and unsure the second box is unticked. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good Evening

I am also having the same issue and have been for MONTHS now, i have done everything all troubleshooting things have suggested to do, i am not downloading FireFox as i do not see why i she have to.

I pay each month for  a service that i am unable to use unless on my ipad where there through the app it works fine, but that is besides the point.

I see this has been an issue for sometime and would like to know just when it is going to be ressolved as its becoming a little bit of a joke really.