cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

problem with microsoft silverlight using Apple iMac

Hello to all at NOW TV, Please can you help? Everthing was working fine until last night. And then for some strange reason I can't access and watch any movies and/or programmes due to problems with microsoft silverlight. I've tried every solution in the help section and on the forum to no avail. I'm prompted with this message as shown below: 

Sorry, you’re not quite ready yet...
You need to install or update Microsoft® Silverlight™ to watch NOW TV.

After installation, refresh this page or restart your web browser.

INSTALL / UPDATE SILVERLIGHT™

87 REPLIES 87
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you've had issues with your Mac when viewing sports. I will look into this and send you an e-mail shortly.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So it is March and still cannot access on Mac due to your silverlight issues. Why dont you sort it out with google chrome? It works. whereas mozilla messes up your computer with bloatware and safari even after several attempts to add silverlight you still say it isnt updated. thats 7.00 quid I've wasted today. thanks! 

I am hoping you will be refunding me after as this is clearly your fault for using terrible engines. 

Dex

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem with my mac in terms of safari and silverlight, this issue has clearly been going on for a long time and needs sorting now. We're not just paying you guys every month for nothing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am having the same problem and am struggling to find an email address for nowtv apart from joining the forum where it seems the nowtv team respond?

I can't access any tv or movie on here and it has been like that for a few days now. the screen sits there just loading but it has given me no option to reinstall silverlight unike some other users have been prompted to do. i have uninstlled and reinstalled silverlight numerous times now and still am struggling.

Looking at the nowtv team responses i'll try to download firefox and try to stream through that, but it that doesn't work then i may have to reconsider my subscriprtion as i dont want to pay fomr something that i can't use 😞 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered when trying to view on your Mac. 

Can you please let us know how you get on with downloading Firefox.  

Once you have downloaded Firefox, please make sure that you have set the plug in to always activate. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem. Now TV insists that I need to update silverlight. I have updated and updated. Uninstalled, reinstalled and it does not work at all.  I am very irritated by this and have spent literally hours trying to fix it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear that you're having issues with Silverlight.

Can you confirm if you have tried Firefox browser?

Have you tried unticking the second box under the "Playback" tab in Silverlight itself?

Let us know how you get on and we'll look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Rob 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having the same problem with Silverlight and Safari. 

I have upgraded Silverlight however this does not work. 

Please can you get in touch ASAP. 

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem as everyone else.

Everytime i try to watch a movie on now TV it comes up saying trouble accesing microsoft silverlight or problems with configuration. This has happened on both safari and firefox. 

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times and nothing has worked.

It must be a recent problem as I had now TV about a year ago and could watch it on my macbook. 

I will probably unsuscribe untill I know this problem has been fixed as I want to watch it on my computer

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here.

Why should i have to load firefox when it has worked perfectly well with Safari, up to now?

Netflix works fine!