cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

nowtv player not working on MAC - was working fine 2 days ago

Hi guys,

You have quite a few open tickets in your forum the past few days and in recent months regarding nowtv player on the mac. Mine was working fine until today but like others in recent days has stopped working. I last used it about 2 days ago when it worked. I had installed updates on Mac OS during the week but the player ran fine after a reboot of the machine for several days. Today, nothing works despite no updates. I have tested logging in via chrome (what I normally use) and on safari. I followed your article, but your site keeps providing a 2.1.3 download (the same as what was there anyway), whenever I uninstall and manually reinstall. Reinstalling and clicking the Play button does nothing; I have to manually install it again and it again fails to work.

Can you please check out what is wrong on Mac with 2.1.3 and let me know when you have a working version as other users are having issues. If you have a version that works for you, please provide a download link to that specific version not the latest version which is on this page and keeps failing to load content - https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac.

I am on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. I am using Chrome browser 60.0.3112.113. I am running nowtv player on mac on version 2.1.3 (only one available when I download unless you have some other working version we can use).

I can watch content via the Android app for now as a workaround but you also don't support HDMI casting via my chromecast, so would be great if the player on the mac as it has the larger screen.

Regards,

Niall

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here.  I have Snow Leopard on my Mac book.  Yes, it's old but it functioned perfectly but NowTV has stopped working.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m actually curious to know if there are any Mac users who have no problems at all or have fixed the issue? If so, what are we/they doing differently? 

Also, does anyone from Now TV even read these posts? 

I’m one of the other people who has posted about problems on Mac as well. Made a post ages ago and another one recently and have never received any response from a Now TV representative. 

I’m starting to think we’re all just shouting into the void here.