cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv player - jumping, skipping forward, back, loss of sound?

Currently running Version 2.0.1 (2.0.1) of NowTV player. after recently been forced to move from silverlight on my browser(although this did work perfectly)

For weeks now i'm experiencing numerous problems...

Skipping forward and back, loss of sound, the 4 spinning colours. This is meant to be "Fluid viewing". I can only assume the version I am running is a beta version? because there is no way that a multi milllion pound corporation would release this as a full version.

Now TV runs fine on my windows PC using silverlight, it runs fine on my TV downstairs, and runs fine on my now TV box. I am on a 100meg connection, so have more than enough bandwidth to run this without the need to buffer.

Would appreciate if someone from now TV support can send me a direct download link to the newest version, or to at least confirm which is the current version... Deleting cookies, restarting firefox, and going through the "I've not got now TV player installed" is not a correct way to offer an update for a piece of software. (althogh this seems to be plastered over these forums as a soltion). a lot of people like to keep their cookies and browsing history without the need to delete them everytime they want to check for an app update....

Kind  Regards.

7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

2.0.1 is the current version of the Mac app. You don’t need to do the ‘deleting cookies etc’ bit to upgrade the app, it will notify you when an update is available and download it for you, but there is no manual option to check for updates.

But if you wanted to manually check you have the installer for the latest version you would need to open a private browser window and go to watch something, and then choose the option to download. Not ideal, but it won’t lead to you losing your cookies.

Alternately the NOW TV Team have provided a direct download link on this page

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Can-t-install-Nowtv-Playeron-mac-quot-Could-not-complete/td-p/431893

Can’t help with the issues you are having on the app as it works fine for me, but I’ll tag one of the NOW TV Team and if they have any suggestions for you they will reply.

@Anonymous User @Tony-D

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also seeing the same issues, Audio will jump back to an earlier point in the show but video will remain at the current time and have to go back to a minute or so before where we were to rectify. Please get on this soon! Alternatively do you have an API? I'll re-build you the OSX client it's so frustrating!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Also seeing the same issues, Audio will jump back to an earlier point in the show but video will remain at the current time and have to go back to a minute or so before where we were to rectify. Please get on this soon! Alternatively do you have an API? I'll re-build you the OSX client it's so frustrating!!

I am beyond tired of these difficulties. I suffered them (having paid specifically for the privilege) throughout all of Game of Thrones Season 7, and now, trying to watch another boxset, I continually need to pause the programme and wait a few seconds to stop it buffering, pixelating and skipping. Jude Law has had a stutter for the last hour - and I've watched only ten minutes of the second episode of The Young Pope. And, all this, may I add, is on a brand new laptop, so I know it's not the medium, but the platform itself. 

Fix this, Sky, would you please? You have excellent shows on your platform, but I'd actually like to watch them, having paid for them, rather than rant at the screen. 

Fix this. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am beyond tired of these difficulties. I suffered them (having paid specifically for the privilege) throughout all of Game of Thrones Season 7, and now, trying to watch another boxset, I continually need to pause the programme and wait a few seconds to stop it buffering, pixelating and skipping. Jude Law has had a stutter for the last hour - and I've watched only ten minutes of the second episode of The Young Pope. And, all this, may I add is on a brand new laptop, so I know it's not the medium, but the platform itself. 

Fix this, Sky, would you please? You have excellent shows on your platform, but I'd actually like to watch them, having paid for them, rather than rant at the screen. 

Fix this. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have also experienced this over the last 14 days or so but now tv just let me wobble on to them for over an hour then sent me a link to reset my wifi. Needless to say it didn't work.. We need to try to findout exactly how many customers are experiencing this kind of problem as well so we can voice our complaints together instaed of alone as they led me to believe that my viewing problem was unheard of. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

For approx 14 days I too have been experiencing now tv jumping backwards and forwards after pausing . When restarting watching the tv it will jump back to 29 mins and sometimes you can fast forward and continue with the programme but if you are really lucky it will jump back again then forward  but the sound track is either in a different part of the programme or silent. So sometimes it like watching the water margin ( in case you arn't old enough to remember that ask your parents or realtives ) 

Yesterday 31/01/2018 I eventually got through to now tv via live chat and spent 1 hour 8 minutes of my sanity trying to explain to someone exactly what the problem was, Eventually he sent me a link to reset my wifi ? Not sure why as this is not the problem but i follwed the proceedure just to be sure. No difference at all.

I am now at my wits end trying to watch programmes without pausing anything only to find that it is skipping back anyway at times and it seems to be around the 30 minute mark when watching programmes longer than 30 mins.

Well i hope that this email can help you get some kind of help or support from them but I wouldn't hold your breath as they still haven't replied to me from my first time of complaining about 10 days now.

Good luck

John

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have experienced the same jumping problem after pausing. I have even swapped boxes recently. Different hardware same issue! I don't know how long Sky expect their customers to put up with this.