cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'no app to support now tv player on mac'

i have watched and played now tv player on my mac beofre and it has worked perfectly fine, but recently a pop up apears as i go to play something saying 'There is no application set to open the URL nowtvplayer..." it then gives me the option to search for an exsiting app on my mac, or to search in app store, but i have no idea what app I need to be download or searching for? 

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. It's looking for the NOW TV Player app. Have a look in your Applications folder that's in your user home folder as that's where the app seems to install itself. If it's there you can direct the website to that location the next time you try and watch.

If it's not there try installing the app again (open up a private browsing window in your browser and try watching something on the NOW TV website, it should prompt you to install again).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the exact problem and you don't seem to be giving a proper answer. How am i supposed to download the app, if whenever i try to watch something i just get this message. 

I do not intend to keep on paying for a service that i don't get, so unless i get a clear and effective solution , i'm cancelling my subscription.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. First off check in the Application folder inside your user home folder to see if the NOW TV Player app is in there. That's where it should be installed so if it's not there that will explain the message you get. 

If its not in there you'll need to install the app again. You can do it by opening a private browsing tab in Safari and then try to watch something on the NOW TV website - if you don't use a private tab you don't get the option to install.

Alternately the NOW TV Team have posted a direct download link that you can find on this page

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Now-TV-player-won-t-install-on-Mac/td-p/429431/page/2