cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible resolution in Now TV Player on Mac!

I installed the NOW TV Player on my iMac (Yosemite 10.10.5) and the picture quality is terrible. It's very low res and basically unwatchable.

What can I do?

Is the NOW TV Box an option? Can I use that on my iMac somehow? (I don't have an actual telly!)

Any help much appreciated

B

5 REPLIES 5
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is the NOW TV Box an option? Can I use that on my iMac somehow? (I don't have an actual telly!)

Any help much appreciated

Hi @Anonymous User,

If your iMac's monitor has an HDMI input port or compatible port that supports HDCP, you might be able connect a NOW TV box to it...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you 

It doesnt but there seem to be HDMI to USB adapters. I may try that.

B

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Does it offer a 'display port'?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I'd highly recommend asking that question on the Apple Discussions website to get a definite answer to your question, as its my understanding that target display mode was only designed to display another Mac on your iMac display, and whilst it's easy enough to output from your iMac to another HDMI display using a cheapo adapter, persuading your iMac to allow it to use its own display for another (non-Mac) HDMI device isn't so simple and would require something more expensive. But as its not something I have experience of myself I'd definitely try and get an answer on Apple Discussions, there's plenty of far more knowledgeable Mac users on there (most of the users are US-based and won't be familiar with NOW TV boxes, just say you want to hook up a Roku box, it's the same thing).

https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

However there should be no need to go to that trouble as you should be able to stream easily enough from the browser/app. Are you able to stream from other services well, and have you tried removing the app are re-installing?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy - good advice.

Last night it actually seemed to start streaming in higher res so fingers crossed I'm OK now...