cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Suddenly can't watch Nowtv on Mac after a year no probs?

Hi, I have been watching NowTV on my macbook for at least a year with no problems, but suddenly I can't play any episodes.

The error message says that: Safari can't open "nowtvplayer://vod...etc" because OS X doesn't recognise Internet addresses starting with "nowtvplayer:"

I am using Safari 10.0.2 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

How can I fix this?

15 REPLIES 15
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello @Anonymous User 🙂

Why not try downloading the NOWTV app and giving that a go? 😉

Or maybe trying a different browser? Cat Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. 

I've read that there is no support on Mac OS for silverlight - but I wanted to look then to download the now tv player app and could not find where to do this.  The instructions on this site don't show what I see on Safari - eventhough it says it is for Mac OS. 

Puzzle.  If anyone could take me to another link for the Now tv app that might be the best solution. 

Deb 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey there! If you've still got Silverlight installed, you can continue to use it for the time being. If you would like to use the new desktop player, you will need to uninstall Silverlight from your Mac.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I love to watch now tv and have been for quite some time. I was asked if I wanted to use the TV player recently which for some strange reason stopped the sound working when I linked my mac to the tv so I uninstalled it now my mac tells me it does not recognise the internet adress starting nowtv I have fully installed silverlight and that didnt work with safari I have tried opening now tv with fire fox and it tells me 

Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (nowtvplayer) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address. I have checked my security settings and I have tried cmd space and now tv is there. I dont know what to do exept cancell my subscriptons and find something else that works. This is a last ditch hope to find a solution as I prefere you to all the other netflix etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, I have been watching NowTV on my macbook for at least a year with no problems, but suddenly I can't play any episodes.

The error message says that: Safari can't open "nowtvplayer://vod...etc" because OS X doesn't recognise Internet addresses starting with "nowtvplayer:"

I am using Safari 10.0.2 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

How can I fix this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I suddenly can't watch nowtv on any of my devices which were working recently. I am paying for nothing currently. According to my account i have 4 devices registered but can't watch nowtv on any??