cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Suddenly can't watch Nowtv on Mac after a year no probs?

Hi, I have been watching NowTV on my macbook for at least a year with no problems, but suddenly I can't play any episodes.

The error message says that: Safari can't open "nowtvplayer://vod...etc" because OS X doesn't recognise Internet addresses starting with "nowtvplayer:"

I am using Safari 10.0.2 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

How can I fix this?

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi im gettting the same message i cant watch now tv on my mac. i tried downloading the now tv player app which was totally useless and now i cant watch direct from the browser at all. i contacted Now tv and they said just wait for an email from tech. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User have you downloaded and installed the now tv player? There's a new app that you need to download and install to watch content. Alternatively, if you have Silverlight installed you can use the Firefox web browser to watch content through the old player.

@Anonymous User did the new player not work for you? Or did you have problems installing? As mentioned above, you should be able to watch direct from the browser if you use Firefox.

The new player seems to have a few problems at the moment unfortunately. From what I've read on here, they are in the process of fixing the issues, but no idea when those fixes will make it through to us I'm afraid.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi i downloaded the app and reinstalled it and Firefox or chrome don't work for me or safari. When I watch via the app on my iPhone the image quality is pretty strongly pixalted too. So I've given up trying to watch
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have installed Firefox and that works! It was heavily pixelated for about 30 seconds but now playing the video fine via silverlight. Guess I will just have to avoid Safari to use it!

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Can you please let me know how you can watch Now TV without having to launch the Now TV Player? I have tried using Firefox but i am not able to watch via the browser like i was able to do on Safari until a few days ago.

Every browser now prompts me to launch the Now TV player app (whcih is rubbish) and i am basically unable to watch any NOW TV programs properly at the moment!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Sorry to hear you're having issues watching content 🙁 I've just submitted an issue linking to this page. Hopefully one of the tech teams will be able to look into it.

Out of interest (and probably useful to anyone investigating these issues) did the app definitely get installed on your Mac? If you press 'command + space' and type 'Now TV' do you see the player show up in spotlight?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes the app defiantly got installed as I was using it (even though it has temperamental ) until it because totally unresponsive today so I have uninstalled the app.
Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No worries, glad that I could help! 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having a similar issue where safari is saying it can not open the webpage to watch any of the content.  

Is there a way of updating silverlight?

Thanks