cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stuck on Loading

The advice I can find here says try Firefox. I have, I've enabled Silverlight....nothing happens. The screen still says Loading and goes round and round and I'm unable to watch anything. Please help.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this, At the top right hand side of the address bar is there an envelope type icon ?

If there is can you click this and see if it helps.

Also if you can make sure that your using the latest version of Firefox and Silverlight.

Do you have any antivirus or firewalls enabled ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy, yes I have Avira anti-virus installed and I download silverlight recently. I try watching in Safari and Firefox but nothing changes. Silverlight is enabled.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried the following to see if it helps you?

For Safari try the following

Go to www.nowtv.com
Go to Safari>Preferences> Security> Plugin Settings
Make sure Silverlight is ticked on the left of the pane, and make sure www.nowtv.com is listed on the right of the pane, and set it to Always Allow
Click Done, restart Safari and see if that helps.

For Firefox,  go to Tools>Add-ons then click on Plugins and set Silverlight plugin to Always Activate. Then try watching NOW TV again to see if that helps.

You might also want to temporarily disable Avira just to check that isn't interfering.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I've tried everything suggested on the forums I can find. Nada 😞 Only way I can watch is on my tiny ipad screen with the app, but there's no app for macs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had exactly the same issue...

Spent a good hour yesterday uninstalling and reinstalling silverlight and any other potential fix from searcing these forums.

No joy 😞

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your reply.

once the anti virus was disabled and the settings on Safari set to always allow did you see any difference in the problem, or did this just stay the same in terms of constantly loading?

Would you be able to tell us what version of Mac OS X you are running?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It just constantly tries to load, there wasn't any difference. I'm running OSX El Capitan version 10.11.5. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Are you using Safari? If so, when you open Safari and go to Safari > Preferences > Security > Plug-in Settings and then go to Silverlight section on the left-hand of the pane (this should be ticked)  do you see either watch.nowtv.com or www.nowtv.com listed on the right, with either Allow or Always Allow as the setting? Something like this

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 15.59.22.pngFor NOW TV to work, you need to have EITHER watch.nowtv.com or www.nowtv.com listed in the window (it doesn't matter if you only have one, but if it only says community.nowtv.com instead that isn't enough to make it work). And if you do have either listed, change the setting to Allow Always and click Done.

If you don't see either of those listed, then try to watch a movie/programme and while it is trying to load, then go to Safari>Preferences> Security> Plugin Settings and you should see watch.nowtv.com is now listed for you to set to Allow Always and click Done.