cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Something went wrong error code p20001

Have been using the app for about a week and a half on this mac and other devices fine with no problems,

went to continue watching after i got in and got this error code so i uninstalled and reinstalled twice following the help article. reset my mac also still no help.

have tried the account on my phone works fine also 

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue.  Please sort it asap!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, no point in contacting the support. Totally useless. Might as well cancel the subscription

Ruksana: Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to Ruksana. How can I help?

Ruksana: Hi,

Me: Whenever I try to watch something on my Mac using the NowTV player, I get an error saying "Something went wrong. (Error code: p20001)". I followed the help article that it links to, which required me to uninstall the player and download it again from the website, and the same thing is still happening

Ruksana: That's really bad.

Ruksana: On which device are you faing the issue?

Ruksana: Also, which browser are you using?

Me: My Mac

Me: Google Chrome, but the issue continues if I use Safari

Me: Both web browsers open up the NowTV player app that we now have to use

Ruksana: Please bear with me.

Ruksana: Can you clear the cache and cookies?

Me: Yes I have already done that

Ruksana: Apologies, there seems to be an issue and our technical team is working on it.

Me: Can you give me any more information, such as how long will it be until it is fixed? Is it worth me cancelling my subscription until it gets fixed?

Ruksana: I'm sorry for the inconvenince caused.

Ruksana: It will as soon as possible.

Ruksana: I've already forwarded this to our dedicated team.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yep, no point in contacting the support. Totally useless. Might as well cancel the subscription

Hey there. We're actively working to address this issue and hope to have the fix out soon. In the meatime, you can still watch content on other devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Too late I've cancelled now. Why should I pay my hard earned money for something that doesn't work? If you can answer that, then I'll subscribe again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hey there. We're actively working to address this issue and hope to have the fix out soon. In the meatime, you can still watch content on other devices.

I would also just like to point out that Netflix and Amazon Video work perfectly well in the browser. Maybe you should tell your technical team to follow in their footsteps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any idea when "soon" is? I haven't been able to watch TV on my mac in over a month! I am paying a ridiculous amount of money, but my only option is to watch on my tiny phone screen.

I understand that silverlight has been withdrawn from mac, but it has been clear that this was the direction of travel for YEARS. Why weren't you better prepared? Why wait for a dying platform to die before trying to address the problem? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User

No update on this just yet however you can watch via Firefox on mac using silverlight until this resolved.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. Would you mind updating your help pages, as all they say is to reinstall the player, which you know there is an issue with.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a truly pathetic effort from nowtv/sky, both on the mac and ps3 I try to use it with it's either completely broken or so slow as to be almost unuseable.  And the picture quality is terrible compared with other offerings.  It's almost as if you want to get trounced by the competition - netflix and amazon prime, which are both light years ahead.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've made no changes to my system, but since yesterday my Firefox now tries to launch the terminally braindead nowtv app instead of playing it in silverlight.  And I just get permanent p20001 errors with the app.  Well done, NowTV, I am now totally unable to watch your content.  I'm trying to think of a worse online service I've ever come across, but drawing a blank (much like your service).  Bye bye.