cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Silverlight

I am not very computer literate but I have followed all the instructions to install/uninstall Silverlight and recently I simply cannot watch anything on NOW TV because it says I need to install Microsoft Silverlight which I have done on multiple occassions.

Please help – PS I have a macbook.

51 REPLIES 51
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you've had an issue with this. There seems to be some steps that people are saying have resolved the issue. Please have a look here. Let us know if you have any further issues.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I keep getting the message to install Silver light. It already is.

I have uninstalled and installed twice.

what's going on?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is anybody out there ....... ?

Pretty poor service. Very unreliable.

Had to watch on my I pad mini - not ideal

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

What Windows version do you have and which browsers have you tried?

Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Like the last poster, I have also beenI've been trying to get the F1 to load this morning but after deleting and re-download silverlight had no success.

I have watched now.tv in the past on this devce (Mac Air), so obviously there has been a change.

I did watch the China F1 coverage on my Ipad. but I coud not link this to my TV, so extremely disappointed.

Having read this thread for th first time, are you saying that only Firefox will play now.tv?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

I don't think NOW TV are saying you can't use Safari (it works fine on El Capitan for me) but they do tend to recommend using Firefox.  However, in Safari try the following

Go to www.nowtv.com
Go to Safari>Preferences> Security> Plugin Settings
Make sure Silverlight is ticked on the left of the pane, and make sure www.nowtv.com is listed on the right of the pane, and set it to Always Allow
Click Done, restart Safari and see if that helps.

If you decide to try Firefox, the first time you try to play a movie in Firefox you should get a banner appear under the toolbar asking you to allow or block Silverlight. If you missed that you can go to Tools>Add-ons then click on Plugins and set Silverlight plugin to Always Activate.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User have you tried the steps highlighted in this post as mentioned only a few posts above? Sarafi is now blocking Silverlight unless you explicitly ask for it to run. You can do that via settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Thank you very much for your reply.

I had verified the settings previously but without success. Quitting and restarting Safari has done the trick.

I am much obliged to you.

@Anonymous User And to you. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User glad you're sorted 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using Internet explorer as edge dosent work with Now

Problem I get is that I have added my windows 10 laptop using internet explorer but it wants me to instal silverlight which i know i have and is up to date so i go through the routine of installing it since now says i dont have it so cant watch on my registered device when i run the instalation it says you already have this version, is this a known problem I tried to put now on my phone using up another device slot and yet again problems it says  my device namely a sony experia x10 has been updated and i have to change it back to be compatible with now thats now 2 months wasted on my gadgets trying to sort this why has now not able to deal with these problems is their software so far behind windows 10 and android and only works with older devices I woud be happy to have an answer to this becomming too much of  aheadache thinking of giving up on it