cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Silverlight

I am not very computer literate but I have followed all the instructions to install/uninstall Silverlight and recently I simply cannot watch anything on NOW TV because it says I need to install Microsoft Silverlight which I have done on multiple occassions.

Please help – PS I have a macbook.

51 REPLIES 51
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been trying to get the F1 to load this morning but after an hour of trying to download silverlight time and time again I ahve got nowhere.  Clearly this is a major issue.  I've checked my account and a day pass for today has been added to my purchase history so please can you look into that and issue a refund.  I think it is embarrassing your help tips tell people to run Now TV on either Safari or Firefox but clearly Safari doesn't work.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that you had issues using our service to view the F1, We are compatible with Safari however there was a recent update that requires you to adjust a few settings.

Please see this post for more information.

I will also send you an email regarding your refund.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When are you going to ditch this buggy, widely unsupported method of presenting streams and catch up with the accepted 2016 methods?  It's insane that this is still supported let alone required.  Poor performane and legacy technology are not acceptable bases to a requirement of viewing content which is paid for.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

When are you going to ditch this buggy, widely unsupported method of presenting streams and catch up with the accepted 2016 methods?  It's insane that this is still supported let alone required.  Poor performane and legacy technology are not acceptable bases to a requirement of viewing content which is paid for.

Also, when attempting to view a programme with Chrome, you need to adjust the 'error' that's displayed .. it's not a problem with Chrome, the problem is with Now TV supporting and requiring dead plugins in order to function. Stop passing the buck and update your darn methods!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello?  company representitive? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We use Silverlight at present as it is part of our agreement with most of the studios that we source our content from.

As we do have live and Ondemand content Silverlight does handle the security of this very well.

Although with both Safari and Firefox withdrawing support for Silverlight towards the end of the year we are looking at alternative solution's.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm really disappointed with the service on Now TV. I have been trying to watch something on my macbook on 3 seperate browsers, but to no avail.

Chrome says it doesn't support Now TV (with no exlanation why, though presumably due to MS Silverlight)

Safari keeps asking me to download / update MS Silverlight, but still doesn't work when I do (even after reset)

Firefox keeps taking me to 'The Legal Bit' whenever I try to watch any content (not a problem for the parts of the site trying to see you stuff, mind).

I've had Now TV for a long time, but the last few months, I've barely been able to use it. I feel like I'm paying for something I can only use about 10% of the time that I want to. I just hope someone actually listens and does somethign about it

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

In Safari the permissions might not be set to allow Silverlight to run. Try the following

1. Go to the NOW TV website and try to play a film, sports channel or TV programme (depending on your pass).
2. While the programme is trying to load (or you get a message about Silverlight) , go to Safari>Preferences> Security> Plugin Settings

3. Make sure Silverlight is ticked on the left of the pane, and make sure watch.nowtv.com is listed on the right of the pane, and set it to On

4. Click Done, restart Safari and see if that helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User   That is embarrasing lol.... Microsoft abandoned support for silverlight moons ago and Nowtv are stilling fumbling around trying to find an alternative, whilst their own website does not work on almost all major browsers,

Someone must be getting fired for that c o c k up right? haha

Anonymous User
Not applicable

when will this be back working? I havent been able to watch it for a month.