cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Safari does not recognize NOW

I keep having a message on a white background stating - Safari cannot open specified address because safari cannot open specified address NowTVPlayer

Can anyone please help??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you advise if you are watching through a Mac? if so Safari via a Mac no longer supports Silverlight meaning Now TV no longer works via that browser and you would need to download the Now TV player here web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller.zip or you can watch via a Mac using the Firefox browser which still uses silverlight and you would need the silverlight add on enabled.  I hope this helps with your issue if not can you advise on if you were just accessing the site and you got this error? if so have you tried another browser?

Cheers

Eddie Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you advise if you are watching through a Mac? if so Safari via a Mac no longer supports Silverlight meaning Now TV no longer works via that browser and you would need to download the Now TV player here web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller.zip or you can watch via a Mac using the Firefox browser which still uses silverlight and you would need the silverlight add on enabled.  I hope this helps with your issue if not can you advise on if you were just accessing the site and you got this error? if so have you tried another browser?

Cheers

Eddie Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks its working now!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your "fix" does not work. Safari and Mac will not function with NOW Player. The response from you "help" just does not work. Bye Bye NOW i think.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

all I get is a blue screen ?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

All other posters on this thread are no longer active so they wont be able to help. 

Have you tried reinstalling the browser?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/something-went-wrong-error-on-now-player

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes tried everything ..now can’t help ..at least I have it on my phone ..going to ty an buy a lightning to cdmi lead to see if I can link it to my tv..

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Does your TV support casting? 

As you will be able to cast to your TV or is a TV from the list of supported devices from the link below?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

Otherwise I would suggest purchasing a Amazon fire stick or Roku stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Bear in mind that you cannot access NOW TV directly from Safari on a Mac, you have to install the Player first:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-on-a-mac 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I have tried everything people have recommended 

still the only place I can view is on my iPhone so not really happy 

it’s probably an internet issue rather than a now issue