cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

[Resolved] Audio but no video

A new version of the NOW TV Player has been published. Please try opening the app again to receive the update.

If you continue to experience issues, please comment below on this thread.

Original post:

We're aware of an issue that is causing frustration for a lot of customers. We have been looking into this as a matter of urgency and hope to have a fix ready soon.

To clarify, this mostly affects users with a certain graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 3000

152 REPLIES 152
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also having problems and have uninstalled and reinstalled NOW TV and it is still showing a black screen, no image and only audio.

I have paid for a month, and only been able to watch it for one day so far.

Hopefully we will have a refund or a free months subscription to make up for this. 

Please get back to us asap NOW TV...

Thank you in advance,

Sam

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just wanted to say that I too am suffering from this problem.

I have a late 2011 Pro, with the Intel 3000 Graphics card whatever, won't pretend to know what that is.

When will we have an update on how to fix this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem here too. Pretty shoddy service to be honest. I don't understand why we have to wait for bugs to be fixed, and why this is taking so long!

Why not simply make the old player available to download, or just scrap the whole use of a separate player completely and make it available through the website like netflix.

I did try and find the old player in my downloads folder to no avail. 

This is unacceptable service and I will be requesting a refund. The have only one thread where an admin says they know about the bugs and are trying/working to fix them is really bad customer service. This is obviously a wide reavhing problem for many users.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just been on the chat and they have an SLA of 24 to 48 hours apparently. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

having exact same issue. very annoying. want a refund

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem. Shoddy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When are you going to fix this problem ? Do you realise a lot of us mainly subscribed to NOW TV to be able to watch GOT as well... I am stunned that this problem has been going on for so long and having not fixed it at all yet. Please advise us of when you are going to sort this out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've had the same problem since the 17th last week.

We've been checking the forum every day for a solution and there's been little to no response from anyone at NowTV trying to help or at least make us feel like they are looking into the problem. Very poor service. 

We bought a 7-day Sports pass for £10.99 on the day before the problem which we have only been able to use on tiny phone screens. We would at least expect a refund for this. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just been speaking to live chat and they have said that it's a technical issue that they are working on but there is no way to resolve it immediatly!

The 'helpful' conversation below...

Me: I have a macbook pro and Now TV player only plays sound, no picture

Swastik: Oh that is strange let me check this for you.

Me: I checked your forum and it seems like a recurrent issue!

Me: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/NowTV-Player-App-won-t-display-images-only-plays-sound/td-p/43...

Swastik: Yes it is an ongoin issue

Swastik: We have raised an incident

Swastik: Our technical team is working on it.

Me: is there nothing I can do in the meantime?

Swastik: They will contact you via email

Me: so no idea when this will be resolved?

Swastik: They will contact you via email