cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Redirect from Chrome to Now TV Player doesn't work

Hello,

I watch NOW TV on my Mac using NowTV Player. Everything was ok until I checked the box "Always do it" and accidentally pushed cancel button on the pop-up message, suggesting me to switch to player from my Chrome browser. Now when I click on any show, nothing happens - I am not redirected to NOW TV Player. Could you please help me fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sounds like you're not having much luck. I'm not sure what the issue with the NOW TV player only playing a few seconds is, as I've not seen that mentioned on the forum before. However, let's try and get the NOW TV app working on Chrome again. Try the following to return Chrome to it’s original state when first installed, so if you let Chrome remember your usernames and passwords make sure you know them all as you will need to sign into all websites again. 

Quit Chrome. Open up a new Finder window, and click your username in the favourites list to open up your user home folder. Go to Library > Application Support > Google and drop the entire Chrome folder to trash. Now open up Chrome and try again. 

If you don’t see the Library folder when you open your user home folder, then click View > Show View Options and click the Show Library Folder option (it’s recommended you go back and hide the library folder after you’ve finished as you shouldn’t really tamper with it).

If that gets the app working in Chrome, see if it still stops working after a few seconds, or if it works fine.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. 

You should get working again by clearing your cookies and trying again - if you don't want to clear all cookies just go to Settings > Show advanced settings, under Privacy click Content settings and then click 'All cookies and site data' and in the box that appears, do a search for nowtv and remove all shown. Then try again and it should prompt you to open the app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Thank you very much for your response. 

I did exactly as you suggested.  Also I restarted my Mac. But it didn't work. When I tried to open TV show again the message appeared with two options - Download the player and "I've already got this". I chose the latter, but still there's no redirection to the player. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Hmm, pretty sure it's a cookie remembering your cancel request , but it must be under a different name than nowtv. I'm trying to avoid getting you to delete all your cookies as that's a bit of a pain as it will mean you have to sign into all your websites again, but if it is just today you've been having trouble try:

Try going to Chrome>Clear browsing data in the menu bar and in the 'obliterate the following items from' drop down menu choose past day (if it's been happening for longer you might need to choose eg past week) and then clear browsing data. Restart Chrome and try again. Fingers crossed this time you'll get the option to remember your choice...

... seriously, cross your fingers!! 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

I've done everything you suggested - cleared all the cookies, restarted Chrome, several times actually, but the problem still stands. I am not redirected to Player. 

But that's a miner problem as I found a solution that i use Safari browser to get to the player, and that works. But now I have some problem with the player. It just doesn't work. It plays a show for a couple of seconds, then it stops and all the buttons get inactive. I tried to reinstall the player, but it didn't work.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sounds like you're not having much luck. I'm not sure what the issue with the NOW TV player only playing a few seconds is, as I've not seen that mentioned on the forum before. However, let's try and get the NOW TV app working on Chrome again. Try the following to return Chrome to it’s original state when first installed, so if you let Chrome remember your usernames and passwords make sure you know them all as you will need to sign into all websites again. 

Quit Chrome. Open up a new Finder window, and click your username in the favourites list to open up your user home folder. Go to Library > Application Support > Google and drop the entire Chrome folder to trash. Now open up Chrome and try again. 

If you don’t see the Library folder when you open your user home folder, then click View > Show View Options and click the Show Library Folder option (it’s recommended you go back and hide the library folder after you’ve finished as you shouldn’t really tamper with it).

If that gets the app working in Chrome, see if it still stops working after a few seconds, or if it works fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy That worked. Thank you very much! The problem with redirection is solved 🙂

But the player still stops working after a few seconds 😞

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Glad that sorted your first problem for you. I don't have any issues with the NOW TV Player app on Mac at the mo so I'm not sure what's causing your new problem. However there are some reports from other users of similar problems on this thread

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Now-TV-Player-Serious-Issues-with-Mac/td-p/429708

So I think the best thing for you to do would be to post a reply on there saying you are also affected, hopefully that will encourage a reply from the NOW TV Team. Good luck!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Thank you for your assistance! You are very helpful! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

still dont work Smiley Mad