cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV on Mac

Just registered with NowTV .... Downloaded NowTV app on my Mac Air... when I tried to play a programme, there's only sound, no video!!!! I have been searching in this forum to see whether other people had similar problems and it seems like a lot do and nothing has been done to solve this problem in the last year or so. 

Then I tried to use Now TV on my iphone...Guess what!! it would only let me use my 4G data of my phone... not my broadband data which is from BT..... complete waste of time!! anyone has any ideas or should i just cancel my account??

3 REPLIES 3
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just registered with NowTV .... Downloaded NowTV app on my Mac Air... when I tried to play a programme, there's only sound, no video!!!! I have been searching in this forum to see whether other people had similar problems and it seems like a lot do and nothing has been done to solve this problem in the last year or so. 

Then I tried to use Now TV on my iphone...Guess what!! it would only let me use my 4G data of my phone... not my broadband data which is from BT..... complete waste of time!! anyone has any ideas or should i just cancel my account??

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear that you've had so many problems trying to watch content on your Mac. We are currently working on a fix for the above issue and should have it resolved soon. In the mean time you can download Firefox and Silverlight for Mac to begin watching your content.  It's weird that you can only use 4G data? What happens when you try to watch using Wi-Fi? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately, your solution doesn't solve my problem. I usually use chrome or safari and I already have Microsoft Silverlight installed. I still am not able to watch the video. It's only audio that is available.

As for my phone, it simply won't let be use my broadband and the video quality in 4G is absolutely shocking. I would rather not watch anything than to be subjected to that kind of horrible quality video. 

Again, thanks for your attempt at helping me. But it seems like there is no solution at present. So the intelligent thing would be to just cancel my subscription. It seemed too good to be true anyway 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello

Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately, your solution doesn't solve my problem. I usually use chrome or safari and I already have Microsoft Silverlight installed. I still am not able to watch the video. It's only audio that is available.

As for my phone, it simply won't let be use my broadband and the video quality in 4G is absolutely shocking. I would rather not watch anything than to be subjected to that kind of horrible quality video. 

Again, thanks for your attempt at helping me. But it seems like there is no solution at present. So the intelligent thing would be to just cancel my subscription. It seemed too good to be true anyway 😞

Sorry you've been affected by this issue. I've posted an update here: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Mac-black-screen/td-p/414240