cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Player App won't display images, only plays sound

Since this morning I have been unable to watch any NowTV as the player only displays a black blank screen.  Audio works but no images.  i have tried reinstalling many times and have used multiple browsers. I have also restarted my Mac but nothing works. This is rubbish and not likely to help keep me paying for the service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi there, welcome to the fourm, by any chance is it the old player or new player you were using the newest player we released? as there has been a technical glitch with the new player, which we are currently working on fixing, so once resolved you should be able to stream with no problems. 

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing here. Worked fine before, installed the update: blank screen, only audio.  Computer: Macbook Pro, Sierra 10.12.6, 2.3 GHz intel i5... Tried fixes on the help centre (deleted cookie, renamed mspr.hds to mspr.hds.old), didn't work. V frustrating...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem with the NowTV player on my Windows laptop as Bob_K since the update earlier today.  Black screen.  Tried all the fixes in the help section including reinstalling Silverlight - no joy.  I tried hooking my ipad up to my TV, but although the ipad app works fine still, as soon as I connect to the TV with aHDMI to Lightning cable it refuses to connect to the stream. 

So right now I'm limited to watching on small ipad screen which is not really ideal.  Please fix!!!  It seems to be a general problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anybody got any fixes, this is total sh*te at the minute. black screen with audio after updating the Now TV player last night. Utterly, utterly useless and no support from Now TV at all. Have tried all of the suggested fixes and nothing working, don't have the mspr.hds files.

Incredibly frustrating for a paid-for service. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The last NowTv admin message was two days ago. Not even an update? It's not acceptable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here. I have version 2.1.1. and it only plays audio, with no images. Reinstalling hasn't worked. Very frustrating for a paid service!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is absolutely disgraceful. Followed the procedure to uninstall and re-download the older version and the 2.1.1 is NOT WORKING. How is this even possible? What are we paying for???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here.  Thanks to all of you I will not be jumping through the usual hoops over and over.  I'm cancelling my subscription for now and will check it again at some time when I can be bothered.  Very poor customer service ... IS there anybody there ??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue as those above - black screen with audio.

Are NowTV just rolling updates out and expecting users to test?

Would be so much better to be bale to watch in a browser as opposed to the app...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same. Been through a lot of hassle downloading Silverlight and firefox upon reccomendation then finding it wasn't compatible in the first place. Have only got audio no image on my Mac air 2011 on the 2.1.1 version. Not really fair seeing as I signed up to paying £40 over two months on their sport package. 😞 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same black screen and audio, no luck with the uninstal options

Macbook Air 13

MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

1.7 GHz Intel Core i5

4gb 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB