cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV App disables screenshot on Mac

I've noticed that whenever I use the NowTV app on my MacBook Pro, it disables screenshots (shift+command+4). I know they want to protect the copyright of the shows that I'm watching so I understand why they disable screenshots when NowTV is running, but for some reason I can't take screenshots even after quitting the NowTV app. I have to restart my computer to be able to take screenshots, and as soon as I use the NowTV app it disables it again. This is very annoying.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Any solutions?

I'm using a 2013 MacBook Pro, MacOS Sierra, and everything is up to date.

11 REPLIES 11
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. That's a good observation, I've checked and I get the same problem on my Mac. Force quitting Safari doesn't help, neither does relaunching Finder so I'm not sure what any workaround might be other than restarting (possibly logging out but didn't try that).

Either way it's something that shouldn't happen so I'll tag a couple of the NOW TV team @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Tony-D when they pick up the thread hopefully they will pass this on to be looked into.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply, good to know I'm not the only one with the problem (couldn't find anyone else complaining of the same thing online). Hopefully they can just patch it out in an update.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Andy & @Anonymous User

Sorry i was off the past few days. I will raise this with one of our tech team to see if there is a workaround this or not.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User & @Andy

Our teams are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it however we don't currently have an ETA onwhen this will be fixed.

In the meantime you can try this to reverse it

To manually re-enable the commands below,

For Mac Only Go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Screen ShotsCheck the boxes for “Save Picture of screen as file” and Save Picture of selected area as file”Windows users would have to reset the device to re enable the feature.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User -- this wasted an enormous amount of my time before I figured out what was happening. Mac apps messing with global settings like this that should work in any context on the machine are genuinely anti-user. I use screenshots a lot as a software developer and this makes it impossible to use the NowTV app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Further to this, it doesn't actually prevent screenshots from other tools. It just makes it impossible to use the keyboard shortcuts anywhere else in the system.

So it doesn't acheive its goal of stopping screenshots and it kills a generally useful keyboard shortcut that should be able to be used everywhere in the system.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Completely understand @Anonymous User

They are working to resolve this so that it doesn't happen in future.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This issue is still completely unresolved.

@Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User This is something the team is still looking into. We have no date for a fix on it but as soon as we do we will post it on the forum.

Ryan M

Now Tv Social Team