cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV App disables screenshot on Mac

I've noticed that whenever I use the NowTV app on my MacBook Pro, it disables screenshots (shift+command+4). I know they want to protect the copyright of the shows that I'm watching so I understand why they disable screenshots when NowTV is running, but for some reason I can't take screenshots even after quitting the NowTV app. I have to restart my computer to be able to take screenshots, and as soon as I use the NowTV app it disables it again. This is very annoying.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Any solutions?

I'm using a 2013 MacBook Pro, MacOS Sierra, and everything is up to date.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable
At this point, more than a year on, that is either a blatant lie or at least part of a hidden truth. The app specifically sets the keyboard shortcuts for screen grabs off whilst it’s running around every 5 seconds. This was an intention, not a mistake, not a bug or an issue. The only way the team could be looking into it is if they were trying to find a work around to stopping screen grabs without having to resort to disabling those very specific keyboard shortcuts every 5 seconds.

You cannot ‘fix’ intended behaviour.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2021 - still doing it. Add this to the list of why Now TV player remains the gold standard of worst software of the 21st Century.