cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV player won't install on Mac

Downloaded the now tv player on my Mac, but it seems to get stuck on installing every time. I have tried deleting the downloaded, clearing cookies and then downloading and installing again but the same problem keeps happening. My mac is up to date with the latest iOS. I have just started my subscription and don't want to be paying for something which doesn't work! 😞
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ACTUALLY ITS NOT WORKING. Has anyone managed to get this to work...ITS DRIVING ME MAD!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So it was working for a couple of blissful months thanks to gotitworking's file posted on this thread above - and then they've only gone and updated the player! AAAAAAARGH!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hello now tv

i have this update working again.. and again its SUCH an easy fix no black magic, no coding just basic obvious stuff really

until you actually take me seriously i'm not posting the EASY way to fix this problem. 

sorry everyone else but when i spoke to now tv before they wanted the answer without any offer of free subscription which for them is nothing, for me would be nice.. evidently they can't speak to me direct on the phone only via text, so stuff it..

took me about 2 mins to sort it out this morning...

🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had downloaded your fix , Gotitworking , and it was working fine, now Nowtv has started redirecting me to the Updated App that wont install again!!!!! Your download that worked has disappeared from wetransfer.com and I am totally stuck again.  What is wrong with the people in charge of NOWTV???? I am now going to have to cancel my subscription again because they are taking my money and not providing me with the means to watch their programs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thx man ........ TOP LINK

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am another Mac victim. COME ON NOW TV - GET IT SORTED OUT

@Anonymous User wrote:
Downloaded the now tv player on my Mac, but it seems to get stuck on installing every time. I have tried deleting the downloaded, clearing cookies and then downloading and installing again but the same problem keeps happening. My mac is up to date with the latest iOS. I have just started my subscription and don't want to be paying for something which doesn't work! 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Apologies for the convenience.

We have now rectified the issue. If there are any issues with installation, it should now correctly show an error.

You can download the installer here:

https://web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller-Mac.zip

Also, some users reported an issue where the installer would tell them it has installed but it actually hasn't. This will now show an error correctly too. We're still investigating the cause for this particular issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Running MacOSX 10.7.5. but it won't install the nowplayer - service has worked fine for the last month up until request to install player today.  Does this mean people with older macs will no longer be able to watch?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is exactly what has happened to me. Extremely frustrating. NOW has worked fine on my Mac for months but now telling me 'safari cant open specified address'. Had returned home loking forward to watching replay of rugby, cant do that. Please give me an idea of why this is the case

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And can't install, being given error 1002