cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app has not worked on Mac for over 2 months now _ Whats happening

Come on guys, isn't it about time you fixed this issue. Very poor response from the help team.

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. There's a few different issues that have cropped up with the app lately, if you let us know what particular issue you are having someone might be able to help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app was installed on my new imac following the guidelines on the now tv webpage i.e not installing Silverlight as this will be no longer supporting OSX in the future and is not required when using the Now TV app (confirmed by help desk)

I have tried Safari, Firefox browsers following info from the now TV help online chat. I understand Chrome does not work according the the help guys. 

None of these work and have even reverted back to trying to use Silverlight to no avail. I am a very competant IT person and have come to the conclusion like many other competant Forum members that there is a major issue here and the app does not work on Sierra 10.12.4 or 10.12.5. All that happens is that after selecting the progamme to watch and opening the app through the dialoge hyperlink on the pop-up is a now TV app window pops up with the correct programme name but doe not start to play , all you get is the spinning coloured logo and nothing else, the timeline graphic stays at zero forever more and thats it.

My account works fine through the Roko box and my iPad so no issues there and also has been checked by the Help guys.

My Brother-in-law also has the same issue.

I was given a case ID which I have followed up on and so far each time I have asked for an update I just get told that it is being looked at by the Tech Team.

It must be one hell of an issue if they cannot sort it out in 2 months.

Netflix, Eurosport, iPlayer all work fine.

Also the Now TV app does not work on my older iMac now although it used to be fine when previously using Silverlight, it has the same issue. I have also tried it on my wifes MacBook and the same issue exists. That cannot be a coincidence.

Thanks for your reply.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User There's no doubt some issues with the app with other posters, but it isn't affecting all systems, as I'm on 10.12.5 and I'm able to watch fine. Quite which configurations it's working with and which it's not I'm not sure about though. I'll tag @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team in as he seems to be working with the Mac app and may want to gather more info from you. 

Have you tried Silverlight with Firefox (not Safari) as that's still just about supported and running for me - you'd need to install the extended support release version if you're on Firefox 52, and make sure Silverlight is set to always allow in your Add-On panel, but that should allow you to watch in-browser rather than opening the app. This still works for me and while it's not an ideal solution it may at least give you an alternate option to watch while the app is being sorted. 

Sorry I can't be more help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I did try Silverlight and Firefox, the Firefox was the one recommended by Now TV from a link they sent. Still didn't work.

Hopefully it will get fixed soon to use the Now TV app, it certainly will need to if Silverlight for Mac is not supported.

There are millions of Mac OSX users out here, I am sure some of them would like to use Now TV, including me.

Thanks for your input.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have literally just started to have this Now Tv on my mac, after a 7 day trial. Its not working. Very frustrated.