cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player

I have been watching NOW TV through the player on my macbook for a couple of months with no problems. However, I am being prompted to download and install a new version. Whenever I try this installation nothing happens and I have to quit and close Now TV. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just tried this on my machine and it might help...

Note: Before doing this, make sure the NOW TV Player app is closed.

1. Open Finder on your Mac.
  2. Click your user name on the left hand side bar or in the top menu bar click Go and select your Home folder (see screen shot).
  3. Go into your Applications folder.
  4. Move the NOW TV Player to your trash.
  5. Next open your browser in either a private or incognito window... or clear your cookies.
  6. Try to watch something and you should be taken through the install journey like you were the first time.

In theory, this should allow you to perform a fresh install of the latest player. Hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I followed these instruction to the letter (and re-booted after clearing all cookies in FireFox) and I still get the same thing. It downloads fine but then says "installing NOW TV Player", but nothing happens. I'm using an iMac with macOS Sierra Version 10.12.5 but I'm using Firefox (53.0.3 64 bit) browser, as I had problems with using Safari when I first got NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is affecting me as well.  Tried the App Delete and cookie clear fix. Rebooted. Tried different browsers.Just stalls on the "installing NOW TV Player" window.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how can I get uktvplay, it has programs like garage etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Followed the fix you suggested after you pointed me here from the other thread! Worked perfectly, many thanks!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi L

You asked, "How can I get uktvplay?", unfortunately, like the rest of NowTV users, you can't because it is not on offer.

You are not the first NowTV user to ask for UKTV Play to be made available and you will not be the last.

However, from a practical point of view, UK TV will first have to come to some sort of contractual/business arrangement with Sky/ NowTV and then develop a UKTV media player that will run on the Roku/NowTV OS.

Therefore, unless the above conditions are met it is unlikely that any of us will see UKTV player hosted by NowTV.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had to join ireland nowtv and installed player and its crap, echo voice, lip sync out, stop start absolutely crap

It worked fine previously without using nowtv player, now I cant view via hdmi, its bloody rubbish, why change to something that doesnt work?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed.  The Now TV Player is useless.  I have a more than adequate PC and have been watching sports via occasional passes on Now TV for years now using Silverlight.  Now that we don't have access to Silverlight on Now we are forced to use the Player and it doesn't work.  Same problem.  Exho sound, repetition and jumping.  No fluidity at all.  Impossible towatch.  Thanks for nothing Now.  That's the last pass 'll be buying

Anonymous User
Not applicable

cancellation

Anonymous User
Not applicable

last update mess thats it , and live chat to fix it talk to wall , you will get more info and they lied to me today 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

when trying to download player onto my tv screen goes white and i have to re install. allother programmes working fine even netflix