cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Player Serious Issues with Mac

I have been using Now TV for around 3 weeks now and i am having serious issues with the Now TV player when watching Now TV programs. 

There is some very serious buffering, audio stops, scenes jumping back and forth and picture freezing.

It's basically impossible to watch anything.

Until a couple of days ago i could at least play programs using Silevrlight player when using Safari (with no issues whatsoever) but now even Safari asks for the Now Tv Player, the same as Chrome and Firefox have always done since the beginning.

I have been checking NOW TV articles about using the NOW TV player with a Mac, done all the troubleshooting for all 3 main browsers, my broadband speed is definitely fast enough not to get buffering etc

The whole thing is extremply frustrating and I really hope that NOW TV player can be fixed to work properly on Mac very soon 😞

Anyone got any feedback please?

48 REPLIES 48
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

In case anyone hasn't noticed, NOW TV have posted a trial update to the NOW TV Player app for Mac, anyone still having problems might want to try it out and see if it helps.

More details here

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Getting-the-f20000-error/m-p/448019#M3669

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Afaict, the OS X player is completely broken. It worked once, I've not been able to make it work since. We will not be continuing our subscription due to this. Probably a good idea to QA software before you release it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can get the player to work in my Mac either. When switching to full screen the picture distorts:

[video]

Numerous other posts in this forum have remained unanswered:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Video-horribly-distorted-when-I-go-full-screen-on-a-2560x1440/...

No reaction whatsoever from NOW TV support.

They keep on telling me to wait for an update.

It’s been three weeks and I had it!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Now tv was working on my mac until a month ago then it started to load when it took me off safari and onto the now tv app i have tried multiple times for this problem to fix but nothing has worked, very disappointed as i am paying for a product which i can not access.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really unimpressed with this and considering cancelling my subscription and notifying others not to bother with NowTV after seeing how far back this post goes. iPad / TV app work just fine. NowTV player on my Mac is a joke. Had problems before with only getting audio, crashing, or failure to load shows, but now I've just downloaded the latest update and absolutely nothing will load. If you're not bothered to put money in to fix such obvious flaws in your product, or make it compatible with perfectly reasonable browsers that your customers are using, why should we be bothered to pay you for your 'service'?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is the same with windows devices,  Is there any fix coming?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issues here - makes it completely unusable. For such an expensive service, I expect to get something that at least works!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still have the same issue with the player on the MacBook. Didn’t have this issue when I just used safari, since I’ve had to use the player, get nothing but buffering issues. Watching one 40 min program the screen kept going black roughly every 5mins, and refusing to do anything. Had to go back to the website, and relaunch each time. I have no issues with broadband speed or WiFi signal. Amazon and Netflix work fine, it’s just the NowTv Player that doesn’t. Fix it, so frustrating!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been contacting them since JANUARY about my MAC not working with the app. They have no idea what they are doing. It's the most shocking service I have ever recieved.