cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Fewer Than 8 Steps To Watch NOW TV!

I stream via a macbook air -alongside NOW, i also use Netflix and Amazon Video.

It's increasingly grating how drawn out the process is to stream via the NOW Player...by the time i hit the 'play' button i've navigated a minimum of eight separate pages -from launching the app/logging in/selecting a show to adjusting screen setup; and the number of steps increases if the Player is buggy...or the audio drops out etc.

Perhaps there's a shortcut i'm unaware of that could smoothen this mildy irritating feature? 

Of the three streaming services i use NOW is the more expensive, i feel the Mac experience can't have been optimised for customer delight or efficiency and it's pretty shabby of Sky to release it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If you make sure you add any shows or films you are keen to watch to your watchlist ('add to My TV') then I find it quicker to bookmark

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/mytv/continue-watching

and  use that page to login and watch rather than going via the NOW TV homepage - the continue watching tab should have the next unwatched episode of shows you are part way through lined up ready to watch. Also find it easier to use the mobile app to browse and add things to watchlist rather than using the website.

But yeah it is what it is!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If you make sure you add any shows or films you are keen to watch to your watchlist ('add to My TV') then I find it quicker to bookmark

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/mytv/continue-watching

and  use that page to login and watch rather than going via the NOW TV homepage - the continue watching tab should have the next unwatched episode of shows you are part way through lined up ready to watch. Also find it easier to use the mobile app to browse and add things to watchlist rather than using the website.

But yeah it is what it is!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Andy!

Bookmarking that specific page looks a decent shortcut -remains to be seen how Chrome handles it with my password manager 🙂

cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It sounds as though you do at least get to watch.

I can log on and (eventually) get to 'Watch Now' but  that's as near as I can get.  I have 6 days remaining on a 7 day Sport  pass. 

'Watch Now' takes a lot of getting to, more usually I'm invited to buy a pass, despite opening the app. from the welcome 'All done, ready to go' email.

When I do eventually got to the 'Watch Now' prompt and click it nothing happens... Nothing !

I can't find anywhere to complain or ask for help with this.

Poppa.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmmm that sounds frustrating and expensive 😞

So you're logged in to your account and can't access your pass?

-Is the sport's pass listed under your account details?

-What browser are you using? i had to switch to Chrome when NOW stopped responding in Safari...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also, if you're on Twitter i've found the NOW TV account responsive to complaints/queries

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

As @Anonymous User mentions make sure you're logging in with the right username that you bought your pass on. Are you using a PC/Mac to watch on? If so if a channel doesn't play you may not have the NOW TV Player installed, try installing it manually from 

http://help.nowtv.com/article/download-now-tv-player