cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Idea - Now TV Bigger Playback Screen

Hey!

This may not be specific to Mac OS desktop or Macbook devices, but that's what I use, so i thought it was best to post here.

Similar to Netflix and other video steaming services, their main playback window is essentially full screen but allows you to naviagate between tabs in your browser without having to exit full screen.

The NowTV playback on my Macbook on Safari is so small (the original YouTube playback size) that it can be a real pain watching it. I normally navigate between windows when watching something and I'd prefer if the video playback was much bigger in the browser window rather than having to watch full screen. Is this a Silverlight problem? Surely the dimensions can be made bigger for the pop out video?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the video is set to 100% of the actual asset, so anything larger is just stretching the image. It's possible if you know how to edit elements to adjust the size. Or if you hit Alt+Cmd+C and paste this it should do something (can't be sure as I used to use it on Chrome last year, but since it's no longer supported, not done it since).

document.getElementById("videoLoader").style.width = "100%";
  document.getElementById("videoLoader").style.height = "auto";
  document.getElementsByClassName("l-overlay_player")[0].style.maxWidth = "none";
  document.getElementsByClassName("l-overlay_player")[0].style.width = "100%";
  document.getElementsByClassName("l-overlay_player")[0].style.height = "100%";
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User thanks for your reply. I understand that it can stretch the image, but why can netflix achieve a full screen HD quality video for the majority of their movies and tv shows? Of course some of the older ones have their aspect ratios reduced due to different filiming techniques, but it's still a full window player instead of a pop up box that looks like an advertisment...

I've tried to edit the size as mentioned but it doesnt seem to be working on Safari either, possibly disabled on this end also?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I've got it working in Firefox, although previously it would fill the window, in Firefox it needs me to define a height value, try this alternative

document.getElementById("videoLoader").style.width = "100%";
document.getElementById("videoLoader").style.height = window.innerHeight + "px";
document.getElementsByClassName("l-overlay_player")[0].style.maxWidth = "none";
document.getElementsByClassName("l-overlay_player")[0].style.width = "100%";
document.getElementsByClassName("l-overlay_player")[0].style.height = "100%";

You'd need to repeat if the window was resized and it only works once the video is actually playing.