cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV app makes my MacBook Pro overheat.

My macbook starts overheating and making ventilation noises every time i try and watch something with the NOW TV app, I only downloaded it recently, never had a problem watching on a browser but now it wont let me just watch on a browser. Meaning I can't watch like I used to, without the worry that my macbook is overheating. 

27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If your experiencing issues with the App we would suggest uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Also if you would like to not use the app going foward you can watch via Firefoxx on a Mac using silverlight which would work the same way you would have used it before in safari. Please let us know if oyu need anything else.

Thanks

Eddie Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue also and now it will not download an update. App Doesnt appear in the mac app store either 😕

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not sure if I read it in this forum or not, but it seems to be an issue that Now TV is aware of and are looking into. Though I haven't seen any update around that as of yet. 

@Anonymous User If you're still having problems with the update, I posted some steps in another thread that I believe might get you up and running with the new version of the app.

Have a look here https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Now-TV-Player/m-p/417737#M2071 

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm not sure if I read it in this forum or not, but it seems to be an issue that Now TV is aware of and are looking into. Though I haven't seen any update around that as of yet. 

@Anonymous User If you're still having problems with the update, I posted some steps in another thread that I believe might get you up and running with the new version of the app.

Have a look here https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Now-TV-Player/m-p/417737#M2071 

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Yep, this is something we're actively monitoring and working to address. We have a fix coming that should help improve the performance issues.

jonny8
Advocate

Still having this issue- just wondering if NOWTV will ever resolve this issue. Anyone else still having this? Reluctant to use my macbook when it sound slike its going to explode 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@jonny8 wrote:

Still having this issue- just wondering if NOWTV will ever resolve this issue. Anyone else still having this? Reluctant to use my macbook when it sound slike its going to explode 

We're planning to release a new version of the player very soon, which we hope will improve the performance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You did...and the performance is still crap...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue so clearly nothing has been resolved. Every time I watch something on my MacBook it starts overheating and drains the battery like mad. Re-installed the app etc, no change. You would think that a platform whose main purpose is to play video content would get a thing like this right within the 2 years or whatever that it's been up and running! Don't have this issue on any other video platform, just NOW TV. I'm cancelling my subscription.

jonny8
Advocate

Has anyone come across any solutuon for this. Seems like NOWTV are not bothered/concerned by this. Thanks