cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Macbook Issues

watched Sky Sports fine last weekend, now won't work at all, OS X 'cannot open the specified address' in safari

Have ticked 'allow plugins' in preferences, and un ticked 'stop plugins to save power' in advanced tab.

have downloaded silverlight again

have updated mac software (and then done all of the above again)

have downleaded firefox and tried that but nothing is working

I am so frustrated, it was fine last week, now does not work

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

watched Sky Sports fine last weekend, now won't work at all, OS X 'cannot open the specified address' in safari

Have ticked 'allow plugins' in preferences, and un ticked 'stop plugins to save power' in advanced tab.

@Anonymous User

Hi Welcome to the fourm

We have recently relased a new player for MACS/PCS etc, you will need to download this to enjoy Nowtv without any issues, Please see how to get it

here; 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac 

Thanks the Nowtv Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User

Hi Welcome to the fourm

We have recently relased a new player for MACS/PCS etc, you will need to download this to enjoy Nowtv without any issues, Please see how to get it

here; 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac 

Thanks the Nowtv Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nadine your response does not explain why Now Tv has suddenly stopped working. 

I have been experiencing the same problems. Been with Now Tv for more than a year and silverlight has always worked for me. It stopped last week without warning or without any changes on my part. Now Tv has not informed me, your customer, of any changes or why SL should suddenly stop working. 

I downloaded the Now TV player, it worked for a few days then stopped and was a pain to uninstall, clear history, re-install. I've done this 4 times in the past week. 

That's shocking. 

Netflix works without a hitch. 

BBC Iplayer works perfectly. 

What is going on with SKY? 

Your HELP pages are terrible - when i looked for help with the Now TV player it advised me to unistall and that it is a technical problem you are aware of & resolving.  It has not been resolved and why is the option to use silverlight withdrawn from  your customers when the alternative is obviously not working. 

Your message to Peckhamasbestos promises no issues with Now Tv player. That is not true. 

Also, the link you provided in your shockingly inadaquate reply does not work. 

I've spent at least 6 hours the last week fiddling and installing, looking for a solution, uninstalling - not quite believing that this is such a palava. Shocking!!