cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jerky, non-smooth video

Why is the footage on the Now-TV app on a Mac still not smooth and jerky?

It used to be perfect on Silverlight - are you really incapable of creating a fully working product?

Yes, I have just downloaded and installed the latest software.

9 REPLIES 9
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Buffering issues asside. As you may or may not be aware, all content on the NOW TV service is output at a native frequency of 50Hz (25fps).

Which means if your graphics card and monitor is not set to the same frequency or any other frequency that's divisible by 25, you will encounter motion errors?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, it's not that. I have the same issue. All other video players  I use (BBC iPlayer NetFlix, Amazon, Redbull Tv, etc) work perfecty as does the Now TV stream from my Apple TV but on my MacBook with the new Now TV Player it's appauling. Please advise. It's a deal breaker for me, if the issues can't be solved I'll be cancelling my subscriptions. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree SuperStu.

I get speeds between 150 and 180Mbps regularly so I'm not worries about the internet connection!

The app is broken...and has been for some time. Why can't Sky get it right?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yup,i have the now tv app up and running but the picture quality has deteriorated as a result. Nothing wrong with my internet speed,checked that again and its running at a level that is above the recommended speed. 

Just have a jerky,out of focus playback to contend with. Its really outrageous that sky are allowing this to continue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried deleting the app and re-installing it. Same problem. The installation works ok,but the playback is poor quality every few minutes the picture goes jerky/out of focus before returning to perfect and this happens continously through anything i'm watching.

It cant be an internet speed issue as i watch amazon and other products and they work fine,and NOW tv worked perfectly before when i was just using silverlight. 

Can anyone offer up anything before i just bin my subscription ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like this is still going on because I'm having the same problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for me.  Speed tests excellent; other HD apps working fine.  Jerky video renders everything unwatchable on NowTV.  A total rip-off.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User, chat might be able to troubleshoot it with you. To get to best help search Mac on help and select chat from the help topic you choose.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I don't think so. The app is just fundamentally broken, the internet is filled with similar reports. Tell me when you've patched the app.