cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Installing Siverlight on a Mac

I keep getting the message that I can't activate my pass until I install or upgrade my version of Silverlight.

I have installed the latest version, restarted my browser and I still get the same message everytime!

I am running the latest OS and can't think what else to do.  I have deleted old versions of Silverlight, but still no success.

Anyone got any ideas, please?

Regards

Max

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum 🙂

Do you get any error messages when trying to watch'? If it's a T6030 error try the steps listed here: http://help.nowtv.com/article/T6030-Problem-with-audio-or-visual-outputs

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, no error messages, it just tells me to update or install Silverlight, which I have done a number of times.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

NOW TV recommend using Firefox on a Mac if you can. But in Safari try the following

Go to www.nowtv.com
Go to Safari>Preferences> Security> Plugin Settings
Make sure Silverlight is ticked on the left of the pane, and make sure www.nowtv.com is listed on the right of the pane, and set it to Always Allow
Click Done, restart Safari and see if that helps.

If you decide to try Firefox, the first time you try to play a movie in Firefox you should get a banner appear under the toolbar asking you to allow or block Silverlight. If you missed that you can go to Tools>Add-ons then click on Plugins and set Silverlight plugin to Always Activate.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just done that and now I am getting an error message, T6002.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

By the way, I have run Now TV Sky Sports on this same Mac before, a month or so agao, however, maybe before latest OS upgrade.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the wonderfully annoying world of Silverlight. I've got the latest version of El Capitan and it does work fine for me, although I had to do the fix mentioned above for Safari. Have you tried Firefox at all?

Theres a help article here for T6002

http://help.nowtv.com/article/T6002-Accessing-Microsoft-Silverlight-services

although personally i dont don't think it will help, and I'd be tempted to click the green contact us button at the bottom of it and then choose the option to talk to live chat, see if they have any more suggestions. A member of the NOW TV team or another Mac user should also pick up your post I due course and respond. Hope you get sorted soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy

I did follow the advice in that post and guess what, it worked!!

So I am back in business, thanks to all of you for your help.

Max

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Thanks for feeding back, Silverlight does cause a load of issues for many people and it's definitely a pain, so it's good to know when something does work. Glad you got  sorted (and hope it lasts!) 🙂