cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to uninstall NowTV player?

How can I uninstall the app from my Mac? I've looked in the "Application" section but it's not there so I'm having trouble finding it.

It's not working correctly so I tried reinstalling but it hasn't fixed it. I want to delete the app entirely and try to redownload to see if this will fix it. Or at least get the false promise from my launchpad. 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The NOW TV Player app is installed in your user Applications folder not the all-users Applications folder. If you open a new Finder window and open your user directory (where your Documents, Movies, Photos etc folders are - click your username in the pane on the left) you'll find your user Applications folder there with the NOW TV Player app inside, drag it to Trash.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

its got 121mb of hidden files also ... so watch out !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to access a training video and the NowTV app is blocking access (not their content!) so, how do I delete NowTV from my Mac? I have tried moving it into trash and emptied trash but still no use, the content is still being blocked so there is obviously still some elements installed that I cannot see. How do I remove it COMPLETELY please?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

A helpful article here.

I would suggest that you download one of the free cleanup programs mentioned, and I would also suggest that you reinstall the NowTV player before using the cleanup program.

This apparently paradoxical step will mean that the whole thing is there for the uninstall utility to sniff (e.g. an installation log), which may mean it will be more successful than if it has to try to find a few scattered and apparently unrelated leftovers.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.