cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

[Resolved] Audio but no video

A new version of the NOW TV Player has been published. Please try opening the app again to receive the update.

If you continue to experience issues, please comment below on this thread.

Original post:

We're aware of an issue that is causing frustration for a lot of customers. We have been looking into this as a matter of urgency and hope to have a fix ready soon.

To clarify, this mostly affects users with a certain graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 3000

152 REPLIES 152
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserPing your fix my way - I'll give it a go, nothing to loose

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks everyone for providing their device info. I'm looking for some volunteers to help test a fix for this issue.

If you're interested, please get in touch!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have just released a new version of the player which should fix the blackscreen with audio for most of you.

The next time you open the app, it will prompt you to install the latest version.

Please let us know if you are still experience issues after the update.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well that's good - it has fixed the screen problem for me, although the frame rate does seem a little choppy.  For some reason I have 'CiscoVideoGuard' at 80% CPU, 3 x Now TV Player Helper at 23% CPU each, and Now TV Player at 10% CPU, so it's a little CPU hungry - but at least it works Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

If the latest version is the 2.0 (that's what I get when I download the file and then install) it doesn't work.

Please see my full report here "https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Unable-to-watch-on-my-MAC/m-p/425547/highlight/false#M2569"

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I am having the exact same problems, i recently sold my ps4 and thats what i used to stream from but now im on my imac all i see is a black screen with audio.

i have also updated to your latest version player, and my internet browsers are also upto date.

my Imac Build is as goes:

Mac OSX El Capitan Version 10.11.6

iMac 23inch, Early 2009

Processor 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 256 MB

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just joined the forum - in an attempt to get a picture and sound on my mac - only to find reams of posts on this issue.

Is there a solution or should I just ask for a refund of my weekly pass?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Commiserations over here. I gave this a break for a few weeks to give them a chance to sort this out but obviously the same problem persists and you still get charged. I suspect that a refund would be tricky.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have latest version of NowTV Player installed but still getting the black screen with audio using Safari on Mac Pro OS 10.12.5. Nothing at all with Firefox. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Team - there are numerous posts on here where several people have the same issue (blank screen but audio is fine). There appears to be no response of any use and several users have asked used the chat function to no avail.

When can we expect an update to this? This is utterly unacceptable service.

Other subscribers - please reply in here to get an idea as to how many people also have this issue.

On a personal note, if this isn't fixed by tomorrow (when GoT airs), i'm cancelling my subscription.