cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code f20000

Every time I try to stream anything on my laptop on the Now TV player it gives me the error code f20000

Searched everywhere on this forum and can't find any info. What should i do to fix the issue?

Thank you in advance

J

66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv player totally useless. Tried it on two ipads, 1 x macbook and 1 x Power mac, ethernet linked to fibre hi speed internet. Paid £6.99 for the Lions match today, just get a few seconds and then blue screen. "Mac OSX does not recognise adresses beginning with NowTV".

Have Silverlight, but Nowtv won't collaborate.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is anyone still having issues on a Macbook trying to play content and getting a f20000 error? I'm still getting this error message and have tried everything under the sun to fix this issue. Now TV support have been pretty useless.

Be interested to know if anyone is having this issue or perhaps had the issue and manage to fix it and if so how.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Are you running two displays (or more) by any chance?

From what I understand, current versions of the NOW app do not support 'multi-monitor' set-ups due to HDCP issues. See here: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Windows-PCs-Laptops/Windows-App-design-flaw/m-p/430811/highlight/true...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No single a display. MacBook Air and it's not connected to any external displays.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,
same issue there on my macBook Pro, is there anyone who did find a solution to this ?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Have a look at the following help article to see I feel to helps, NDA if not post back with details of your system and hopefully @Anonymous User can help you

https://help.nowtv.com/article/f20000-error-on-now-tv-player

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Actually I spoke with support on chat and we were not able to solve the issue.

We restart the mac , clean browsers history, try with differnet ones, download and reinstall the app

reinsatll silverlight

clean the Cisco folder in ~library 

I have the same issue on both my MacBook Pro, there both 2015 MacBook Pro, one with Sierra, the other one with High Sierra

I'm pretty frustrated right now as I didnt expect it was so complicated, there is no Apple TV 4 app and it's not compatible for Airplay with iPhones :s

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That article is not particularly helpful.

No cisco daemon running here, no .cisco folder....reboot.....tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox.....all the same.

5 pages of pain: I guess NOW TV don't want to solve this problem.

Ho hum

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Are you guy directly connecting your Mac computers to your monitors? Or are you connecting to some type of splitter/distribution box and/or rumming multiple monitors?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm just trying to watch directly on my Mac screen - no external monitor.

I sent a message to NowTV complaining that this issue was still unresolved despite trying all their recommended technical fixes (apart from installing old version of Firefox - ridiculous) and had a response from their technical team wanting to know the details of my system.  Sent a reply explaining the issue and have had no response after a month, even after I sent a chaser.  It's pretty clear they're not interested in resolving this issue.