cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code f20000

Every time I try to stream anything on my laptop on the Now TV player it gives me the error code f20000

Searched everywhere on this forum and can't find any info. What should i do to fix the issue?

Thank you in advance

J

66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

So after a bit of digging this morning I managed to get it working.

My setup is as follows:    Laptop ->  DDWRT based Wireless Router ->  PFSense Firewall Box ->  Virgin Media Internet connection.

What I noticed was it worked  at the PFSense Box, but not when connected to my rotuer.

A bit more digging and I discovered something was going on with DNS.

My Rotuer has a DNS forwarder on it, so it assigns the machines on the network it's own IP for DNS.    

DNS does resolve correctly but for some reason, NowTV Player refuses to work with it.

When I manually assign the my PFSense firewall (which has my actual DNS server on it), NowTV Player starts working.

Various rotuers out there do have DNS forwarding/relay features so it may be worth for those of you having trouble, to google your ISP's DNS servers addresses and manually setting them in

System Preferences -> Network -> (Chose your network adaptor) -> Advanced Button ->  DNS Tab

http://osxdaily.com/2015/12/05/change-dns-server-settings-mac-os-x/

Hope this helps

Scott

Thanks for the detailed information. I shall pass this on!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have tried all this but stopped short of fiddling with the DNS settings - way outside my comfort zone.

I was on two live chats on Friday pm, was promised someone would get in touch. Silence.

I then emailed, was promised a response ... and still, silence.

You've taken my money, but you have not got back to me within your own time window.

I can only watch NowTV on an ipad mini.

(NB It is the only device that I have not updated with latest iOS - could that have caused the issue?)

Case ID: 01969160 - please get in touch at email address provided. Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This sorted it, thanks Scott, the only thing that's worked (before I found this answer I tried re-booting, and re-installing the player)! It's too bad Now TV have the most generic advice on their 'help' pages about error f20000, I couldn't get the player working when I'm at my Dad's, but manually entering the ISP (Plusnet in this case) server DNS address fixes it. Easy to fix everyone - try it.

🙂
Angela 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

In case anyone hasn't noticed, NOW TV have posted a trial update to the NOW TV Player app for Mac, anyone still having problems might want to try it out and see if it helps.

More details here

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Getting-the-f20000-error/m-p/448019#M3669

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Downloaded that already and that gives me a longer error saying " Entry Point Not Found" "The Procedure Entry Point...(code)...could no be located in the dynamic link library

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You have to activate the silverlight plug in and it starts working.

In Safari go to Preferences > Websites and then on the bottom right under "Plug ins" select silverlight.

I presume if you have it installed already this will work. If you don't you'll have to install it.

PoorService84
Scholar

Same issue for me. This is really poor service. Even free services are better than this. Sort it out, it isn't good enough.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, The Now TV player has stopped working on my Mac.  

I get f20000.  I have a screenshot but I'm not sure how to upload it here.

Thank you, Tabby

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

As you can see, your new topic post has been merged into this existing topic about the same issue. Which might contain the answer you're looking for...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not just a MAC issue, same on PC! Worked fine on first install, then the next day crash and repeated crash, the great bit if search for the error code in the help function there's no reference to it! Grrrrr if you give out an error code then chuffing reference it in your help centre! BBC no issue, Amazon no issue etc etc. Does anyone from NOW TV read these posts? Please don't tell I have to reinstall the app - try fixing it or don't releas faulty code